X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy0217
    • Jun 2005

Peter Nielsen is just the best, please read my story

A warm hello to all forum members from down under.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to let everyone know just what a wonderful man Peter is and what he did for me.

It all started when I raised the question of whether the A21 & A51 are multivoltage units, as we run 240V here in Australia. I was considering purchasing both ex the USA and importing them both into Australia.

Well Peter was kind enough to let me know that while they were not multivoltage ex factory, he knew how to re-configure them for 240V, and it just so happened that Peter was selling his A51.

Things progressed from there between us both, but for me I needed both the A21 & A51, and I asked Peter if it was possible for him to also source an A21 for me. The answer was yes, and Peter confirmed that he would re-configure both amps for me and test these before shipping.

After many e-mails, I wired the funds up front in full for both amps to Peter. I must say at this stage I had absolutely no reservations about doing this, I had complete faith in him, I never had any doubt the deal would go bad and I would do my money. He e-mailed me every second or third day with an update as the A21 was on order and would take about 10 days to arrive.

Once the A21 arrived, Peter re-configured both amps for me and tested them and confirmed they were ready for shipment. At this stage the suggestion was that we go with UPS, but I prefered FedEx as they seem to have a better reputation here in Australia and they are always delivering documents into my office. At least they knew where to find me. We agreed to go with FedEx.

Peter e-mailed me his sales invoice and the airway bill numbers for both amps as the consignment was shipped as two cartons, fully insured.

I received a phone call from FedEx three days later to say they had arrived in Sydney, and would be in Melbourne the next day. I went over the details with the FedEx broker, paid the duty & GST over the phone and both Halo's were delivered the next day to my office.

I must say when they arrived I was like a kid who had been let loose in a candy store, giddy with excitement to say the least. My boss thinks I am crazy and made the remark "sure you're not going to sleep with them both tonight".

The way Peter packed both Halo's and shipped them was nothing short of amazing, his care and attention to detail made me go all misty eyed. Both Halo's were wrapped in plastic with the face plates covered in soft foam.

They were then packed in the inner box and strapped tightly within the inner box before being placed in the outer box, which they were then strapped again to prevent the Halo's moving about within the outer box during transit. Both Halo's were then packed in the outer sleeve and strapped once again. He even included spare fuses for both.

I e-mailed Peter immediately to let him know I received both Halo's and I could not thank him enough for all he did for me.

So that night I managed to get both Halo's in my car, this mind you was no easy feat and unpacked both Halo's at home and powered them both up. My HT is still a work in progress, so I have no speakers set up yet, but both Halo's sat there idle running off 240V ready for action, boy was I happy.

They are just a work of art, with the silver face plate and those cool fluoro blue lights and the red glowing Parasound emblem, but boy are they big and heavy.

Both Halo's are now in their boxes nice and safe in the walk in robe upstairs with all my other gear, waiting for the HT work to be done.

So once again I cannot thank Peter enough for all that he has done for me, he is truly one of the good guys out there.

Thanks Peter, you are true gentleman.

Kind Regards,
    Andrew....
  • Kingdaddy
    • Jan 2004

Way to go Peter!

Helping a fellow (new) member is what makes this community so special and useful.

Also, welcome to the Club Andy, I’m sure a dancing Banana is not far behind.
    My Center Channel Project

Comment

• bhuskins
      • Aug 2003

So now I know what Peter does in his spare time... :W

Brent Huskins
      Media Design
      HTGuide Sponsor

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

You guys really are the best... sounds like the customer service stories we tell about Parasound, so keep it up. Way to go, Peter.

Andy, if I hadn't said it already, welcome welcome welcome! :banana:
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Andy0217
          • Jun 2005

Thanks guys for the warm welcome to the forum.

Comment

• NMyTree
            • May 2004

Welcome to the forum, Andy!

And that's a wonderful thing Peter did for you! Kudos to you Peter, the world needs more people like you!
            Tony

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

Thanks Andy!

Peter

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Uh... it took you 3 months to read this thread?
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Chris Dotur
                  Uh... it took you 3 months to read this thread?
                  No, I did read it back when Andy posted, but obviously I never replied to this thread. I happened to remember it today because of another post, and when seeing it now, I realized that I had completely forgot to follow it up with a simple "thanks" ops:

Never too late to post an answer, right? (If it is, then you need to upgrade the bulletin board, IMHO :B )

Still feels like it was yesterday I sold that amp to Andy. I hope he's enjoying it!

And, no, I'm not a Parasound dealer. I don't sell Parasound or any other brand. The only thing I sell is PMView an image viewer for OS/2 and Windows that I've been developing for the past 16 years.

Peter

Comment

• Andy0217
                    • Jun 2005

Hi Peter,

No probs, I figured you had already read my post but had forgotten to reply.

It was my pleasure to to give a brief history of our dealings and to thankyou publicly for a wonderful job you did with both my Halo's.

But I am still yet to enjoy them both...they are still packed away in boxes in the cupboard waiting for the room to be completed, which I hope will be within the next few months.

Believe me when I say this, that it is killing me that all me gear is still in boxes, but I know I must be patient and finish the room off first.

I will be sure to post some pics when the room is completed.

Regards Andrew....

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"