Musical Fidelity M6i
    Musical Fidelity M6CDP
    Denon DCD-1510 SACD Player

Cables I Use
    MIT

Comment

• HDBLU
      • Jul 2008

I got my A5-5CDP back today and working alright so I will see how it goes. This is the first time listening to the combo together and am very impressed the Sound stage is huge the depth and height of the sound is amazing I could not believe my ears am really enjoy it. Here are some Pictures

[IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      2ch Setup
      Krix Neupohonix
      Musical Fidelity M6i
      Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
      MIT

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
        • May 2008

Glad you have the whole system together! I am not familiar with your speakers, and I don't think you took any pix of them...can you take a wide shot of your system? Enjoy!

Mike
        Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• HDBLU
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by KahunaCanuck
          Glad you have the whole system together! I am not familiar with your speakers, and I don't think you took any pix of them...can you take a wide shot of your system? Enjoy!

Mike
          Hi Mike,
          I would take a picture but my camera died on he last shot I took so I don't have a camera, but if you go back to page 26 post #893 you will fine some there the setup in those Pictures are a lot different now.
          2ch Setup
          Krix Neupohonix
          Musical Fidelity M6i
          Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
          MIT

Comment

• alebonau
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Oct 2005

ah pity about the camera hd, I was hoping youd give us a peak with a few internal shots of the amp !

good to see the amp and cd player are united and working together a charm
            "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• delfincek
              • Nov 2009

HDBLU: I think it would be very interesting to hear what are the sonic differences between A5 and M6i amp that you have now. Can you please write some more to us. Best, d.

Comment

• johnecuevas
                • Feb 2007

Musical Fidelity A5cr Pre and Power

I'm looking for mint condition Musical Fidelity A5cr Pre & Power to complement my A5 CD.

Any recommendation ? Would prefer vendors for security reason.

Offering £2,000.00 (£1,600.00 for the combo and £400 for packaging & shipping to Asia)

Requirements : 230V , neither modified/repaired , nor scratched.

Comment

• alebonau
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Oct 2005

am an a5cr pre-pwr owner for a few years now and as a combo goes wonderfully well with the a5cd - which have owned for a while as well. can highly recommend the trio !

as far as vendors doubt you'll find it new around the place. can check ukbay a few vendors there, not that have bought from any of them, but probably your best bet and to buy with paypal with atleast some protection that it brings

Comment

• HDBLU
                    • Jul 2008

Quick Look over at the A5 the A5-5 and the M6i.

From my experience from using the A5 to the A5-5 and then again to the M6i I found each unit give me some think different the one think I found from having the A5 and going to the A5-5 is the the low frequency were better not saying that the A5 did not perform as good to me but it laced a bit of bass it was too refined the A5 on the A5-5 the sound was smoother and warmer and overall the sound was presented better, Am not 100% sure what transistors that's in the original A5 but the A5-5 used Sanken STD03 'enhanced Darlington' transistors Also I think the M6i uses the Same but there one more letter on the transistor on the M6i it said STD03P so it sound newer and more up to date but most likely there the same.

Now the Big Question how does the A5-5 compare with the M6i I can tell you both units are very close apart from one thing the M6i sounded more dynamic but I will move on to that later. As you know the old A5-5 was 250w at 8ohms and 400w 4ohms and the M6i only has 200w 8ohms and 400w at 4ohms as you notice the 4ohms load did not change only the 8ohms load changed this I found odd I would like to see what benchmark tests say.

To me I found the M6i a improvement over the A5-5 series I found the sound quality better I mean running it at 10o.clock is loud I don't really feel the need to go past that mark but with the A5-5 I had to go to 12o.clock to get the same lever I know this sound odd but what ever they have done to the M6i over the A5-5 is a improvement, also I found the design work is better it has XLR input now so if you have the (matching M6CDP) you can have balanced all the way. Also they have not put the Phono Stage on the M6i but I don't listen to LP at all and if you do you can always buy a Phono Stage. Well this just about sums it up for now I also have the A5-5CD Player but I might be changing it for the new M6CD Player to match my Amplifier due to Problems am having with it.

Also the Review should be coming out very soon on the M6 Series. Well I hope this helps in anyone interested in the the M6 series
                    Last edited by HDBLU; 18 September 2010, 09:17 Saturday.
                    2ch Setup
                    Krix Neupohonix
                    Musical Fidelity M6i
                    Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                    MIT

Comment

• HDBLU
                      • Jul 2008

I can Also give you a Comparison Ratings system on the Three Integrated Amplifier

Reference Amplifier Ratings:
                      M6i........-98
                      A5-5......-96
                      A5.........-93

This is for Sound Quality Only No Features
                      2ch Setup
                      Krix Neupohonix
                      Musical Fidelity M6i
                      Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                      MIT

Comment

• johnecuevas
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by alebonau
                        am an a5cr pre-pwr owner for a few years now and as a combo goes wonderfully well with the a5cd - which have owned for a while as well. can highly recommend the trio !

as far as vendors doubt you'll find it new around the place. can check ukbay a few vendors there, not that have bought from any of them, but probably your best bet and to buy with paypal with atleast some protection that it brings
                        Thanks alebonau,

Noticed some ebay items are shipped to UK only. Will try requesting them

to exempt me from location restriction and see any luck. If anyone else

happens to sell the A5 pre & power, do let me know.

Comment

• alebonau
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by johnecuevas
                          Thanks alebonau,

Noticed some ebay items are shipped to UK only. Will try requesting them

to exempt me from location restriction and see any luck. If anyone else

happens to sell the A5 pre & power, do let me know.
                          will let you know for sure,

re people listed as shipping to uk only, yeah worth asking as the way ebay works it will list country where your at by default. but you'll find most people dont mind as it will still just be a courier pickign up from their regardless where it goes. re shipping from the uk ask them to give you a qoute via interparcel.com using their dhl service. have found that quite affordable and quick and reliable

Comment

• HDBLU
                            • Jul 2008

I have return my A5-5CD Player Due to Problems Am having with it So I Will change it for the New M6CDP I have to wait about a month due of my money problems it cost me a bit more but anyway it will match my M6i. But I hope I see some reviews out before I go ahead, If anyone see any Review on the New M6 Series keep me posted much appreciated.
                            2ch Setup
                            Krix Neupohonix
                            Musical Fidelity M6i
                            Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                            MIT

Comment

• alebonau
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Oct 2005

to follow the m6 range musical fidelity has announced the m3 range at a lower price point. half the price to be exact.

Oh dear, something has gone wrong. Here's a couple of things to try next to get back to the good stuff... Use your browser's 'Back' button and...

in the mould of the previous m3.5 range its a cd player and 2ch integrated. the integrated like the previous m3.5 has a ht bypass which will be pretty handy for incorporating in combined 2ch/ht systems. Good to see mf release some stuff at the lower price point

Comment

• HDBLU
                                • Jul 2008

Nice to see MF to bring lower cost units to there range I was think the M6 is the lowest you could buy.
                                2ch Setup
                                Krix Neupohonix
                                Musical Fidelity M6i
                                Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                MIT

Comment

• johnecuevas
                                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by johnecuevas
                                  I'm looking for mint condition Musical Fidelity A5cr Pre & Power to complement my A5 CD.

Any recommendation ? Would prefer vendors for security reason.

Offering £2,000.00 (£1,600.00 for the combo and £400 for packaging & shipping to Asia)

Requirements : 230V , neither modified/repaired , nor scratched.
                                  Managed to secure the A5 combo slightly under £2,000.00

Thank you.

Comment

• HDBLU
                                    • Jul 2008

Nice work is there the tower of power for 2000 if you that a very nice buy indeed :T
                                    2ch Setup
                                    Krix Neupohonix
                                    Musical Fidelity M6i
                                    Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                    MIT

Comment

• paperthinwalls
                                      • Mar 2010

Hello, I'm new here so please excuse any mistakes made on my behalf.

I've been offered to buy the Musical Fidelity A3.2cr power amp and the A308cr pre amp (both from 2004) for USD 1850.

Can anyone please share experiences with this combination?
                                      And let me know if it is a good price?

I'm planning on using them with B&W 805S, mostly for digital music with a DAC (haven't decided on which one yet).

Any thoughts or comments would be gladly appreciated.

Comment

• alebonau
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by paperthinwalls
                                        Hello, I'm new here so please excuse any mistakes made on my behalf.

I've been offered to buy the Musical Fidelity A3.2cr power amp and the A308cr pre amp (both from 2004) for USD 1850.

Can anyone please share experiences with this combination?
                                        And let me know if it is a good price?

I'm planning on using them with B&W 805S, mostly for digital music with a DAC (haven't decided on which one yet).

Any thoughts or comments would be gladly appreciated.
                                        not sure about the combination, but have experienced either in isolation. and they are excellent products. But to be honest though save yourself the hassle of two boxes and grab a musical fidelity a5 integrated instead !

alternatively with the 805s probably the best amp combination I have heard it with is the very humble musical fidelity a1 class A integrated amp. the new one partnered with the a1cd pro. The 805s is not a big power hungry demanding speaker so can certainly achieve a pretty decent result with amps like that even

Comment

• HDBLU
                                          • Jul 2008

Alebonau Right two boxes for amp and Pre is going to lose some think and they are older models also just get the A5 I have had the A5 and it's a very nice amplifier you should be able to get a good price on one second hand.
                                          2ch Setup
                                          Krix Neupohonix
                                          Musical Fidelity M6i
                                          Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                          MIT

Comment

• paperthinwalls
                                            • Mar 2010

Thanks for the reply.

I might check your tip out, but I'm still wondering if anyone thinks the price USD 1850 is OK for the Musical Fidelity A3.2cr power amp and the A308cr pre amp. Anyone?

Edit: Just saw the other reply as well. So it's fair to say you guys wouldn't recommend me getting the above for my brand new pair of 805s?

Comment

• HDBLU
                                              • Jul 2008

Thanks for the reply.

I might check your tip out, but I'm still wondering if anyone thinks the price USD 1850 is OK for the Musical Fidelity A3.2cr power amp and the A308cr pre amp. Anyone?

Edit: Just saw the other reply as well. So it's fair to say you guys wouldn't recommend me getting the above for my brand new pair of 805s?

In my opinion I would not go for the A3-2cr and Pre I would get the A5 or the A5-5 second hand if I was you it will give better sonic performance. I have the New M6i and I love it. Trust me you will love the A5 series
                                              2ch Setup
                                              Krix Neupohonix
                                              Musical Fidelity M6i
                                              Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                              MIT

Comment

• alebonau
                                                Moderator Emeritus
                                                • Oct 2005

Thanks for the reply.

the thing is you should be able to pick up an a5 integrated a lot cheaper as with the a1 class A amp. both modern devices fully featured and will work a treat with the 805s

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                                                  • Oct 2007

Interesting review in HiFi+ magazine (Feb 2010 issue) of the new M6i amp. Gets very highly rated.

Interestingly there is a comment from AM that he realises the company has presented inconsistent points of view and chopped and changed their range too much over the last few years ... and the implication is that the current ranges will be around a lot longer than the ones in the recent past.

Eloise

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                    • Jul 2008

Hi Where did you see the review of the M6i I have been looking all round but nothing, I have the M6i and it's awesome
                                                    2ch Setup
                                                    Krix Neupohonix
                                                    Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                    Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                                    MIT

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                                                      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by HDBLU
                                                      Hi Where did you see the review of the M6i I have been looking all round but nothing, I have the M6i and it's awesome

Eloise

Comment

• Russ_L
                                                        • Nov 2008

A308 Combo

Thanks for the reply.

Recently picked up here in the states and A308cr preamp and A308cr amplifier both in mint condition for $2650 usd. Based on that I would say that $1850 for the combo you're looking at would be a good deal. :T

Russ

Comment

• mrkoven
                                                          • Apr 2010

Hello everyone, I have an entire MF A308cr rack for sale in mint condition here in the states. I'm the second owner and have original boxes for shipping. I'm new here but have plenty of feedback elsewhere. Would love to sell all three pieces (CDP/Pre/Power) to one person, but will split up if it comes down to it. Anyway, if anyone happens to be interested, please email me (mrkoven AT gmail DOT com). We can discuss pricing and I can provide pictures/more info.

Comment

• alebonau
                                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                                            • Oct 2005

as a headsup guys got this A1 amp and CD player combo for sale on ebay

the amp. opening price $999, buy it now $1499
                                                            http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...=STRK:MESELX:IT

the cd player opening price $999, buy it now $1499
                                                            http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...=STRK:MESELX:IT

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                              • Jul 2008

Hay al way do you have unhappy faces on you E-bay items don't worry they will sell
                                                              2ch Setup
                                                              Krix Neupohonix
                                                              Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                              Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                                              MIT

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                                • Jul 2008

This was a French Review that I have Translated in to English So they may be some spelling mistake. But I did my Best I also had a converter to do it for me you can get the original French review on Musical Fidelity. well enjoy

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

The Musical British builder Fidelity is one of the more atypical ones of the British school of the hautefidélité.
                                                                His creator and current director, Anthony Michelson, always kept a spirit open and an innovating vision of the audio
                                                                conception of a device. It knew, with the passing of the numerous years of existence of the corporation, handle the
                                                                transistor as the tube in mountings to the recognized and musicalité undisputed. More again, it perfectly adapted
                                                                its product lines to the request of every moment in terms of characteristics, of content technological and of
                                                                aesthetic one notably. It has therefore known to fill out its various ranges by the products ad hoc with readers CD
                                                                and other convertisseurs. What it is a matter of the range Nuvista, implementing of the circuits to nuvistors, of
                                                                the series X can to the format cylindrical or of the pads of power Supercharger 550K and 750K, every product was the
                                                                work of an imagination overflowing. To crown this remarkable commercial strategy, every family of products was
                                                                declined in variations of entry to top of allowing range to any amateur benefit from the Musical quality Fidelity.
                                                                The integrated M6i is one of the examples more recent, with a conception "two in a" offering of the performances of
                                                                separated elements more costly.

The M6i presents itself under a fluid and distinguished dress. It seduces by the elegance of his drawing and of its materials. The
                                                                principal structure is formed by the peripheral assembly of four sheet metal, of a bottom and of a cover in embroidered sheet metal. The
                                                                lateral partitions are flanked of a dissipated in aluminum extrude of which the lightly curved profile of the fins recalls the one of a
                                                                wave. Very appeasing for the view. The face before is an aluminum available anodized plate equally in black, the subtle brushing gives a
                                                                key of additional refinement to finishing. The integrated rests on four feet in aluminum with absorbing skate. The orders Manuel taking
                                                                places in front of are duplicated by the universal zapper town to the very range M6. The big button of central volume invites to the
                                                                manipulation, his drawing seems to have been studied from this perspective with a lightly concave surface and the manufacturing of the
                                                                periphery that eliminates any lively fish bone to the key. Of party and of other are distributed the poussoirs to impulses in aluminum
                                                                resuming the round form of the finger that will activate them. To the left the one of market/stop is provided with two diodes LED signaling
                                                                the turn on (blue) and the cut of the sound "transfers" (red) piloted by the zapper. Follow the selection of the exit "types monitor",
                                                                symmetrical entry and entry

CD, and on the other side soft one the selections of the entry USB, tuner, entry "Al/HT" and entry "types".
                                                                All the poussoirs are recalled by diodes LED blue. The receiver infrarouge for the zapper completes the
                                                                equipment straight out before. Use as much aluminum to a price so competitive could be envisioned only with a
                                                                relocated construction. It is at Taiwan that Musical Fidelity chose to make his series M6, rather than in
                                                                China for questions of respect of the intellectual property for, according to the builder, Taiwan again is not
                                                                affected by the "industrial copying. The rear face of the M6i receives a beautiful quantity of connectors. Alongside the two pairs of high cards
                                                                isolated speakers take places six pairs of RCA, of which four dedicated ones to the asymmetrical entries of
                                                                level line, one for the exit "pre out" and one for the recording buckle "types rec". By commutation of a
                                                                situated switch nearby, the entry line "Al/HT" addresses is an analogical source is a processor home movie.
                                                                In the latter method, the level adjust ability no longer is operational, the M6i being checked in volume by the
                                                                processor home movie to which one it is linked. One Pair of cards XLR treats the symmetrical entry, and a harbor USB allows the connection between a computer and the M6i. To the connection of
                                                                the cable, the computer, that will be able to be a PC or a Mac, detects the presence of the integrated, and installs a generic drive that
                                                                will allow the reading of CD or of files MP3 and WAV. The interior of the device receives a principal printed card, at the back of which
                                                                ones the connectors of the entries directly are soldered. She groups together the circuits of management of the entries to basis of an
                                                                analogical switch LC78211, the floors of using pré amplification of the potato chips JRC5532, the floors to drive to discreet components and
                                                                the cells of turnaround and of filtering of the nutritions. One notes equally a chip PCM2702 for the interface USB. A big made transformer
                                                                on notebook of the loads sends its tensions about three bridges rectifiers, follow by eight condensers of strong value and four regulating
                                                                ones of tension. The outline, on which we do not have any precise information, resumes nevertheless a classical architecture. The power
                                                                floors brought up to the back of the dissipateurs, they implement by canal two parallel supplementary pairs of transistors Darlington of
                                                                origin Sanken. These components are provided with a compensation in integrated temperature.

Impression of listen, that generally erects a very faithful portrait of a device. The double bass, in opening of
                                                                the piece Wears Me of the CD Companion of Patricia To Bore rings with the volume require. The game is solid and
                                                                robust, the well stretched ropes resound in a timing "attacks, maintenance and fallen again" very close of our
                                                                indicators. The tonal variety is blossomed. The engraves obtains the essential matter without fading on the low
                                                                well articulated medium, the medium rings just some stamp. The sharp one allies lightness, fineness and harmonic
                                                                slender. The sharp extreme line subtly without trying to attain the moon. Dynamic: The generosity of the
                                                                nutrition of the M6i and its capacities while running are at the expressive dynamic origin of a behavior. The ask
                                                                transitional of an impact of ball of big cash register (Walks Military) or the fortissimi of the game of the left
                                                                hand of a piano (Glenn Gould) pass without the shadow of a hesitation with a climbed in frank and level immediate.
                                                                We raised in a manner voluntarily exaggerated the volume, to note that the M6i did not seem worried besides
                                                                measures, not giving any sign of détimbrage and now a stable distribution of the dynamics on audio the very band.
                                                                Legibility without rift on all the types of music.

Musical Fidelity equipped the M6i of a protection in unique exit in his kind, that intervenes on the buckle of
                                                                against reaction, after measure view.

Stamp: The restitution of the M6i obtains an immediate sensation of big ease, of ease to modulate the music.
                                                                No false grade comes to disrupt this first impression Sonorous scene: Very convincing benefits of the Musical Fidelity, that we dive in the mood of every recording with a gladdening fidelity.
                                                                The sonorous scene bluesy that reigns on all the tracks of the CD of Doug MacLeod is absolutely remarkable presence and
                                                                of sonorous space. As early as the first measures of Chill one Cold, one penetrates in the recording studio, where one localizes
                                                                precisely every musician.

The sensation of specialization, of perspective holographic takes a lot of direction with the M6i, that vehicle
                                                                structures it harmonic of the message even in the least details of mood (noises, reflections). Transparency: The ease
                                                                and the mastery with which ones this integrated one distills the music go in the direction of the respect of the
                                                                musical range contained on the support. One denotes çà and there a small tonal coquettishness, as this effect of
                                                                unperceivable stressed presence in the high medium, that translates itself by a light luminosity on certain voices and
                                                                instruments modulating in this frequency zone. But that imports, for the essential one is that the M6i remains
                                                                basically neuter on any musical program, that it is basal or complex, as the track Say pulled irae of the Requiem of
                                                                Mozart, admirable of ventilation with the M6i.

VERDICT
                                                                For a builder as Musical Fidelity, maintain a reputation no longer seems to represent true tournament. Every device awaited to the
                                                                turn by the competition proves itself to the final one to be a success, as this integrated one M6i. Refined in his presentation as in
                                                                his conception, it proposes a living reading of the music, dynamic, searched and eventually powerful if necessary, to an extremely
                                                                competitive price. The restitution of the M6i, respectful of the original signal, knows to transmit the feeling of an interpretation.
                                                                2ch Setup
                                                                Krix Neupohonix
                                                                Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                                Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                                                MIT

Comment

• eyalp
                                                                  • Apr 2010

m6i vs a5.5

hi all, have b&w 704 + roksan caspian m1 cdp. Consider to buy the new MF m6i int. Can buy also the a5.5 in second hand. Does the m6i worth the extra money? Hdblu , noticed u have one. Did u have the a5.5 before? Can u compare?
                                                                  What do u think of the combinations of both amps with the 704s?
                                                                  Thanks for your replies..

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by eyalp
                                                                    hi all, have b&w 704 + roksan m1 cdp. Consider to buy the new MF m6i int. Can buy also the a5.5 in second hand. Does the m6i worth the extra money? Hdblu , noticed u have one. Did u have the a5.5 before? Can u compare?
                                                                    What do u think of the combinations of both amps with the 704s?
                                                                    Thanks for your replies..
                                                                    Hi and welcome to the Club.

I have done a small review on the M6i post #1089 If you want anymore info just PM me. I have also just converted the french review in to English But I think it too hard to read anyway.
                                                                    2ch Setup
                                                                    Krix Neupohonix
                                                                    Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                                    Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                                                    MIT

Comment

• eyalp
                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                      • Apr 2010

thanks, i'll read these...

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Jul 2008

It not a very good review I did but I like the M6i the a5-5 is very close but I fine the m6i to be a step up, also I had a few problems with the A5-5 so I got my money back and later on I got the M6i.

The Combination is good 704 with the M6i or the A5-5 will be a awesome, it should sound very good.
                                                                        2ch Setup
                                                                        Krix Neupohonix
                                                                        Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                                        Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                                                        MIT

Comment

• eyalp
                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by HDBLU
                                                                          It not a very good review I did but I like the M6i the a5-5 is very close but I fine the m6i to be a step up, also I had a few problems with the A5-5 so I got my money back and later on I got the M6i.

The Combination is good 704 with the M6i or the A5-5 will be a awesome, it should sound very good.
                                                                          why "not a very good review?" I can see he loved it..see also his verdict at the end..
                                                                          I have also read the review in Hi FI +

Both reviews just claims against the fast changes between modells..

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Jul 2008
                                                                            • 311

I would like to see Hi-Fi + review I mist out on that one. I did not mean that review I meat my #1089 review. So would are you going to do A5-5 or M6i?
                                                                            2ch Setup
                                                                            Krix Neupohonix
                                                                            Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                                            Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                                                            MIT

Comment

• eyalp
                                                                              Junior Member
                                                                              • Apr 2010
                                                                              • 27

going out now, tell later about the hi fi + review. I did not hear the m6i yet. will have a listen and decide. Not that this is the issue but i prefer it looks over the A5.5.. but in deciding on buying that it also have to sound better..

Comment

• eyalp
                                                                                Junior Member
                                                                                • Apr 2010
                                                                                • 27

As I promised, some quotes from the hi fi + review:

"The M6i delivers some of the most solid and likeable deep bass notes you'll hear from an integrated....when discussing that kind of price.. don't mistake this for a strong bass character though:the amp isn't bass-forward, or anything forward. It just have a better class of bass than many of it's peers".

"you get a feeling of unshakable autority...this is not the sort of amplifier that limits you to well-recorded small groups, it likes to get its hands dirty playing music at volume with right sort of scale each piece of music deserves".

"It's not music fussy and you can through everything from Chopin to the Clash at this amp without a problem...just think 'goog' rather than 'outstanding' and you'll get surprisingly fine rsults."

"So here's the challenge to MF on the m6i- don't change nothin'. This is a fine amp,capable of delivering a performence that leads the listener out of the need to go box-swapping. I want to be able to recommend this product as a fine example of a good integrated amp for the next half decade...the M6i is in it for the long term; it's an amp that will be used by listeners for years and years, but only if MF keep it on order books for years,too"

HDblu, does all these fits your impressions at your system?

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Jul 2008
                                                                                  • 311

Thanks for that, And yes that is my Impressions I have notice on some music I was playing there been some deep bass notes that is amazing and when the bass notes is on the high are very clean and the dynamic sound stage is huge Also depending on your CD Player some cd player may only give you a smallish sound stage and you may think it the Amplifier.

I also had the A5-5CDP but again had Problems so I got my money back see Photos above the CD Player was again a awesome performer the sound was sweet huge dynamic very clean and airy it also had the Tube output stage that not in the M6CDP but the M6CDP still gives that analog sound that in the A5-5CDP. If I was you I would get the M6i Amplifier I have not had one problem I found the A5-5 series not very good at all sound quality was still amazing but had problems like on the A5-5CDP I had about 3 problems like CD not playing and if they play it would jump tracks know and again.

How much more money is the M6i vs the A5-5. Like I said get the M6i and you will love it.
                                                                                  2ch Setup
                                                                                  Krix Neupohonix
                                                                                  Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                                                  Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                                                                  MIT

Comment

• eyalp
                                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                                    • Apr 2010
                                                                                    • 27

Thanks HD, think I will do that, and go for the M6i.. it's kind of 2500 usd for the used 5.5 vs 4000 usd for the M6i...(Israel Prices..high taxes..)
                                                                                    I'll inform. It will take me a month or so..hear..decide..get it..break in...etc..
                                                                                    By the way, do u use the usb with computer ? Did u try it?

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Jul 2008
                                                                                      • 311

I think you are doing the right thing it's only 1500 more. Funny you asked about the USB yesterday I tried it and works like a dream when there No input the USB led flashes and when the computer it all on the led is steady Blue.

Also you don't have vinyl way I ask is there no phono stage on the M6i but the A5-5 has one on, but if so you can buy a Phono stage anyway. Also you have XLR input also that the A5-5 does not have but I don't think you need them anyway.

Well let me know how you go. also what CD Player did you say you had.
                                                                                      2ch Setup
                                                                                      Krix Neupohonix
                                                                                      Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                                                      Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                                                                      MIT

Comment

• eyalp
                                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                                        • Apr 2010
                                                                                        • 27

Roksan caspian M1 cdp
                                                                                        I do use vinyl but I'll have Phono stage.
                                                                                        Glad the usb sounds good.

Comment

• M1980
                                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                                          • May 2010
                                                                                          • 4

Hi,

I am new here, just bought my system yesterday:

Musical Fidelity Triple X (X-T100, X-Ray v8, standard PSU)
                                                                                          Dali Mentor Menuet + stands
                                                                                          Speaker cable (D-352 Hybrid)
                                                                                          Interconnection cable (D-102 MK III Hybrid)

My problem is that I did not buy the Triple X the same place as the rest, and it seems like I have ended up with an interconnection cable that does not fit (I suppose the speaker cable fits, but I honestly haven't checked it yet - I am quite a novice in hifi and actually did not consider running into this sort of trouble); the D-102 interconnection cable is a balanced cable while the Triple X is unbalanced. Luckily I have not opened the cable package yet and thus expect to be able to return them to the shop without any trouble, but I do not know what to ask for instead...

Can anybody here help me by recommending a good cable match between my X-T100 and X-Ray v8? Preferably in the same price range as the D-102.

Comment

• M1980
                                                                                            Junior Member
                                                                                            • May 2010
                                                                                            • 4

Problem solved, I just found out that even though it is a balanced cable I have bought, the connector is not balanced. Eveything is working now, and I am very happy with my purchase!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"