X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gauss
    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by cntlaw
    The 803S are now being placed 6.5 ft apart leaving ~2 ft from walls all around instead of initially under 6 ft, the improvement is very significant.
    The listening distance is pretty close to the 804S, with same volume, it is more comfort to the ears if leaning backward 2 feet than the 804S I tested last time. During the burn-in period, sound quality varieis from music to music, it is not yet able to determine if 803S can produce sound as good as my friend's already burn-in 804S. There are noticeable more bass from the 803S but in terms of required sound stage filling up the room, it is the same as when I had the 804S. I could hear the depth is more behind the speakers with the 804S, not the 803S, may be this is just another new speakers issue.
    Overall, after two days running them, it is very listenable.
    My friend told me it takes 500 hours to burn-in the speakers. 8O
    Your impressions of the 803S coming from the 804S coincides with my impressions. I had the 804S on loan for a few days before buying the 803S. Not sure I made the right decision then though, the 803S is perhaps slightly too large for my room.

Btw, I really like your view from the apartment, beautiful.

I had the opportunity to audition ProAc D28 and D38 this weekend at a dealer. Excellent speakers although it's difficult to tell whether the D28 has enough bass for my tastes. They seemed a little bass shy though that may be due to the particular room I heard them in. The D38 seemed to have a very nice balance and like the D28, without midbass emphasis. Hopefully I'll be able to try them at home.

Comment

• alebonau
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2005

looks like another retro piece in the a1 pre with probably a matching pwr as well I'd say !

Musical Fidelity represents the best of good quality hi-fi. Built on over thirty years of audio expertise, we design and engineer powerful hi-fi...
      "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• JDH
        • Sep 2004

They look really ugly though !!!!

Originally posted by alebonau
        looks like another retro piece in the a1 pre with probably a matching pwr as well I'd say !

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/
        Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• alebonau
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by JDH
          They look really ugly though !!!!
          defintely ! no question !

Comment

• omegaspeedy
            • Jun 2007

Hi Guys, First post of many

I just bought a new A5 CDP to replace my Shanling CD3000 and I love it. I'm currenty using a Shanling A3000 (one of these http://www.spearitsound.com/shanling/shanling_a3000.asp ) to run my Dynaudio S1.4 speakers. The whole setup works well but theres always room for improvement.

My first qusetion is with my 2.5version A5, will it play the hybrid "Jazz at the pawn shop SACD" with out getting confused?

Cheers James.

Comment

• cug
              • Jan 2008

Mine has no problems with the few SACD hybrids I have.

Comment

• SPaibool
                • May 2008

I'm new here, have myself lurking around for quite sometime. And found out that I quite impressed by MF info and how things going around here. I just bought B&W 804s for less than month and paired it with my very old Lukman A383 Int (more than 10 years old, to be exact).
                My impression was lack of power to punch SPK from Luxman, sound too bright at the first place (may be my room was culprit), bass shy (may be).
                - My CD is Marantz CD17 MK II
                - Interconnects cable...Monster M1000 MK III
                - Speaker cable...Monster Power Link II
                May be this is also the problem as a new speaker issue as always to whatever speaker out of the box. Anyway, I'm not be able to do something with it for quite sometime (budget limit, anyway I'll do something with it later)
                So I'm looking for new power to drive B&W now and very interest in A1008 int. Of course, I read a lot of comments here about it with B&W. I guess a nice pair it should be.

All helpful comment highly appreciate,

Many Thanks

SP

Comment

• cug
                  • Jan 2008

I got a MF A5 recently from Audiogon and it drives my 804S perfectly well. I'm totally happy with the setup (A5 integrated + A5 CD player + B&W 804S).

Comment

• SPaibool
                    • May 2008

Thanks

So I don't make a wrong move then. Anyway audition is the right thing to do. However I head for it with a bit more confident.

Last thing love to know before my audition, there is any news or update from MF about new line of products?

Comment

• omegaspeedy
                      • Jun 2007

How many hours to TRULY run in my A5 CDP?

Cheers James.

Comment

• cug
                        • Jan 2008

Run in: as many as you believe it needs ...

Btw, what I found on closer examination: the A5 enclosures really could be build better. The printing looks cheap, the A5 integrated has just one pair of speaker terminals (cheap ones), the lid fixture (screws) look cheap. The CD player is a bit better, but I would recommend to Musical Fidelity that they REALLY think about investing about 5 dollars more to get the printing right (button labels and brand).

It doesn't effect the overall impression too much though. The components sound great and I think are a good value for the price.

Comment

• omegaspeedy
                          • Jun 2007

As with all my Hi Fi gear and ones before it, I have found a big change in 200hrs (Dynaudio 350-400hrs) then a steady refinement over the next 500hrs. AMR recommend 800hrs on thier CD players!

I've noticed good improvements over three continuous days running on repeat, except my one was a shop demo unit and I think it didn't get run often.

I was just trying to gauge its shop use considering it took approx 140hrs for me to get positive results. Out of the box it was not very good at all. I almost took it back but then thought it might be very low hour, so I ran it with excellent results :T

Cheers James.

Comment

• trellis
                            • May 2008

Hi!!!

Can anybody please explain how the A5 Integrated sounds?

Is it tubelike or neutral, fast or slow?

Thanks!

:T

Comment

• cug
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by trellis
                              Can anybody please explain how the A5 Integrated sounds?
                              It sounds good.

Originally posted by trellis
                              Is it tubelike or neutral, fast or slow?
                              Excuse me? Do you mean, it fades out high frequencies or has not enough power to drive a deep bass? Fast, slow?

I'd say it sounds like a good amplifier without changing too much the original content.

Comment

• alebonau
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Oct 2005

an interesting coment from a poster on avs saying speaking to "KEF" which I presume is the US importer that they said the mf kw pre was discontiued. I wonder if that is just on the US market or around the world. it still appears on the mf worldwide site and still avaialable in aus as far as I know.

or wonder if he has some prior info and that maybe there is a new mf flagship range coming ?

edit. still no news re any kw pre updates
                                Last edited by alebonau; 21 June 2008, 07:04 Saturday.

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                                  • Oct 2007

Hi.

I've a MF A1008 which I've owned for around a year now which I first have a slight problem with - not sure if it's problem with my unit or a general "feature". I use tha HT input (with a Yamaha RXV3800 but sure that doesn't make any issue as previous used it with Rotel RSP1068 and it worked the same). When switching to another input, the volume "sticks" at the unitary gain level until a adjust the volume control and then the volume works fine. When switching back to the HT input the same happens. Have other owners of the A1008 noticed this behavior or is mine faulty?

Secondly and this definately isn't a fault more a query if anyone has got round this ... I find the output of the DAC section to be at too high a level so hardly turn the volume up from zero. Has anyone attempted to adjust the gain or put any form of attenuation between the DAC and Pre-Amp section. I believe (seeing photos but not opens my A1008) the DAC is a separate board to the Pre-Amp joined with a cable so theoretically this cable could be replaced with an attenuated interconnect I would think?

Hope someone might be able to answer

Thanks
                                  The Audio Elf

PS. Aside from this niggle, the A1008 works great with my B&W 7NTs Sources are G4 PowerMac Quicksiver via USB, Project X-Pack and Denon 1920 DVD as CD transport.
                                  Last edited by Audio_ElF; 20 May 2008, 15:56 Tuesday. Reason: Adding a PS

Comment

• uncle_dito
                                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Audio_ElF
                                    Hi.

I've a MF A1008 which I've owned for around a year now which I first have a slight problem with - not sure if it's problem with my unit or a general "feature". I use tha HT input (with a Yamaha RXV3800 but sure that doesn't make any issue as previous used it with Rotel RSP1068 and it worked the same). When switching to another input, the volume "sticks" at the unitary gain level until a adjust the volume control and then the volume works fine. When switching back to the HT input the same happens. Have other owners of the A1008 noticed this behavior or is mine faulty?

Secondly and this definately isn't a fault more a query if anyone has got round this ... I find the output of the DAC section to be at too high a level so hardly turn the volume up from zero. Has anyone attempted to adjust the gain or put any form of attenuation between the DAC and Pre-Amp section. I believe (seeing photos but not opens my A1008) the DAC is a separate board to the Pre-Amp joined with a cable so theoretically this cable could be replaced with an attenuated interconnect I would think?

Hope someone might be able to answer

Thanks
                                    The Audio Elf

PS. Aside from this niggle, the A1008 works great with my B&W 7NTs Sources are G4 PowerMac Quicksiver via USB, Project X-Pack and Denon 1920 DVD as CD transport.

Hi Audio Elf,
                                    I also have MF A1008. I connect the preout stereo front L/R (actually mixed with the center channel) from my Sony STR-DA1200ES to the MFA1008 HT direct to get the sound out of my B&W804S. I do have the same problem as you describe and now I just have the habit of turning down the volumen of the STRDA1200ES after the movie finishes, before I switch it off, otherwise the high volumen is remembered at the MF side. It is annoying, but... I think is an issue of MFA1008 and probably with the fact that it has a DAC. I have also an MF A5 CR Pre and PWR. The MF A5 CR pre also has HT direct, and I did not have this issue at all, so I blame it on the DAC. I wonder if forum members which may be using other DACs to connect HT inputs if they find this problem as well...
                                    Regarding the other issue, I have not tried the DAC output.
                                    If you find a solution, let us know!!!
                                    Hi Fi: Audio Research VT.100mkIII, Reference 3, DAC8; Sony SCDXA5400ES; MF A1008 integrated (backup); B&W 803D (also used in HT setup); IXOS cables XHS553 (644 SPC4mm2 high purity silver speaker cable); Chord Digital Signature coaxial, Chord Optical Optichord; VDH C5 The Bay; MIT AVt 1 analogue interconnects; QNAP TS209 NAS; J River MC21
                                    HT:Sony STR-DA1200ES (Front Pre Out into Reference 3 HT input); Sony SAVE-835D speakers; Sony Blu ray BDP-5000ES; REL STRATA 5; QED Reference Digital audio

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                                      • Oct 2007

Thanks Uncle Dito ... I was told by the dealer it was an issue with MF's control software and basically it's a live with it situation ... and I can live with it cause the sound is great ...

Comment

• RustyZip
                                        • May 2008

Long time lurker asking whether i should upgrade Amp...

Hello..

Im a long time lurker on this forum, and you seem a friendly bunch, so decided to ask for a bit of advice...

First off, i would like to say after having Arcam, marantz, Teac, Primare systems (and a few more that ive forgotten) i stumbled upon a 2nd hand Musical Fidelity system that i bought - consisting of Nu-Vista Int Amp and Nu-Vista CD Player - and it blew my mind - so much better than anything i've had before... ;x(

Anyway, of course after a short while the upgraditus bug caught hold of me and i thought, if these are roughly 7 years old, how good are Musical Fidelity's components now?? So i threw caution to the wind and bought the KW DM25 transport & DAC - All i can say is WOW - awesome..

So now the bug has struck again, and im thinking of upgrading the Nu-Vista Amp.
                                        Seeing as i love the "sonic signature" of the Nu-Vista stuff (smooth / fluid-like / analogue sound etc) what would you recomend?? I was leaning towards the KW550 if i can find one at the right price.
                                        Anyone heard the Nu-Vista's and the KW550? Would the upgrade be worth it?? Is there much difference?? And do they have the same "sound" ??
                                        Or what else might you recomend??
                                        Im probably going to have go the 2nd hand / ex-dem route, so not sure i'll be able to demo probably...

Currently the speakers are ProAc Response 1SC in a smallish room (approx 15 foot square)

Also, is the KW550 any good at low / quiet levels?? As i cant have it too loud because of the neighbours :cry:

Thanks in advance for any info / opinions...
                                        RustyZip

Comment

• cntlaw
                                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by RustyZip
                                          Currently the speakers are ProAc Response 1SC in a smallish room (approx 15 foot square)

Also, is the KW550 any good at low / quiet levels?? As i cant have it too loud because of the neighbours :cry:

Thanks in advance for any info / opinions...
                                          RustyZip
                                          Before my R1sc was replaced by 803S, I used KW550 to drive R1sc for one week. The KW550 became very 'quiet' especially after I replaced my A5cd with A1008cd which has weaker output signals feeding to the Amp. This means, even I turn the Kw550 volume to the 9 O'Clock position, it is still not too loud. This means you have more 'buffer' to fine-tune your low volume level of listening. I auditioned both DM25cd+dac and A1008i side by side with the KW550. Their outputs volume levels are almost identical i.e. much weaker than A5cd. The KW550 630W output may be at times too much for the R1sc (100W Max.). I worry some louder music high pitch CD music could blow off the R1sc tweeters if turning up the volume by mistake, but it could have been more risky when I had the A5cd which has stronger signals output.
                                          t

B&W 803S / MF KW-550 /MF A1008 CDP
                                          Transparent Power Link MM
                                          CSE RK-100 Power Conditioner / Powersnake Taipan Helix Vx / Arcolink 4030 2m
                                          AudioNote ANvX Mark II RCA / XLO Limited Edition Mk II RCA
                                          TAOC PTS-F Spike Plates for 803S / SolidSteel Audio Tables: 6.2x2+1xTable-B / Lynn Skeet Spike Plates for Racks

Comment

• antonisgr
                                            • May 2008

kw250s

Hello my friends , I’m a new member from the sunny GREECE my name is antonis and I have some questions
                                            My setup consists of B&W 805s – Musical Fidelity Kw250s – Benchmark Dac1 Usb – Audioquest Colorado Rca ( For Benchmark ) – Audioquest Volcano Speakers Cables – Silver Audio Power Burst Cable for Mf and an isolator made by a greek company with a 3.5kw power
                                            Will I earn something else if I go from kw250s to kw550 ?
                                            I am pretty satisfied with my setup but something’s bothering me in the high frequencies , my other choice will be the CLASSE CA-2200 which I heard thoroughly
                                            Do you know any other choice that I can have for the 805s? I mean integrated amplifier of mid – high cost?
                                            Thank you in advance for any answers
                                            antonis

Comment

• cntlaw
                                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by antonisgr
                                              Hello my friends , I’m a new member from the sunny GREECE my name is antonis and I have some questions
                                              My setup consists of B&W 805s – Musical Fidelity Kw250s – Benchmark Dac1 Usb – Audioquest Colorado Rca ( For Benchmark ) – Audioquest Volcano Speakers Cables – Silver Audio Power Burst Cable for Mf and an isolator made by a greek company with a 3.5kw power
                                              Will I earn something else if I go from kw250s to kw550 ?
                                              I am pretty satisfied with my setup but something’s bothering me in the high frequencies , my other choice will be the CLASSE CA-2200 which I heard thoroughly
                                              Do you know any other choice that I can have for the 805s? I mean integrated amplifier of mid – high cost?
                                              Thank you in advance for any answers
                                              antonis

Just curious how do you hook up the Benchmark with the KW250S while KW250S itself is an Amp + CD.

I once auditioned the A1008cd with the KW250S, I didn't spot any abnormal high frequency as you have mentioned.

t

TAOC PTS-F Spike Plates for 803S / SolidSteel Audio Tables: 6.2x2+1xTable-B / Lynn Skeet Spike Plates for Racks

Comment

• antonisgr
                                                • May 2008

my mainly source is my laptop ( i have ripped many of my cd's in .ape & .flac files )
                                                i think is a VERY good source the combination ( laptop+benchmark dac1 ) and as benchmark says in it's manual the device is RULLER FLAT and i tested myself that is true .so benchmark as a source is definetly not the problem,
                                                antonis

Comment

• cntlaw
                                                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by antonisgr
                                                  my mainly source is my laptop ( i have ripped many of my cd's in .ape & .flac files )
                                                  i think is a VERY good source the combination ( laptop+benchmark dac1 ) and as benchmark says in it's manual the device is RULLER FLAT and i tested myself that is true .so benchmark as a source is definetly not the problem,
                                                  antonis
                                                  If you are into digital, A5.5 Int. Amp might be a candidate too?

Comment

• alebonau
                                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                                    • Oct 2005

looks like some new pics of the FBP retro piece.

Oh dear, something has gone wrong. Here's a couple of things to try next to get back to the good stuff... Use your browser's 'Back' button and...

now I know its supposed to be retro, but can someone tell mf the thing looks dog ugly ! hehe

also not sure the purpose of going on all about its fully balanced profile and then showing it with the 550 supercharger which is with no balanced capability and without doubt not a balanced design in its self. As for balanced to be of any benefit it really needs to be implemented through out the chain.

wonder if all this means the return of some more fully balanced pieces as part of the mf range

Comment

• Dmm53
                                                      • Nov 2007

Has anyone had a problem with XRayV3 skipping? I'm using one as a transport and lately have new CDs that skip.

Any thoughts?

Comment

• alebonau
                                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Dmm53
                                                        Has anyone had a problem with XRayV3 skipping? I'm using one as a transport and lately have new CDs that skip.

Any thoughts?
                                                        doesnt sound right if does on more than one particular disc, I'd get it checked out dmm

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                          • Jul 2008

hi all I'm know here well my sony sacd player the SCD_XB780 it not working right it putting a distorting sound. now im looking at the new a5-5 cd player will it be a upgrade from my sony im using a sony dvd play at the moment will it be an upgrade from that.

I got a A5 integrated amp about a mouth ago & love it im not using B&W speakers but I got Krix neuphonix speakers and there great.

all im saying wood the a5-5 be a big step up from my sony.

thanks all
                                                          2ch Setup
                                                          Krix Neupohonix
                                                          Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                          Musical Fidelity M6CDP
                                                          Denon DCD-1510 SACD Player

Cables I Use
                                                          MIT

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                            • Jul 2008

I can not delete this sorry im new here
                                                            2ch Setup
                                                            Krix Neupohonix
                                                            Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                            Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                                            MIT

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                              • Jul 2008

here are my pictures of my A5-5 amp & my old A5 and my home theater enjoy

Last edited by HDBLU; 30 June 2009, 08:39 Tuesday.
                                                              2ch Setup
                                                              Krix Neupohonix
                                                              Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                              Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                                              MIT

Comment

• alebonau
                                                                Moderator Emeritus
                                                                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by HDBLU
                                                                hi all I'm know here well my sony sacd player the SCD_XB780 it not working right it putting a distorting sound. now im looking at the new a5-5 cd player will it be a upgrade from my sony im using a sony dvd play at the moment will it be an upgrade from that.

I got a A5 integrated amp about a mouth ago & love it im not using B&W speakers but I got Krix neuphonix speakers and there great.

all im saying wood the a5-5 be a big step up from my sony.

thanks all
                                                                welcome over to club MF hdblu.

I'd be very suprised if the mf a5CD wasnt a very nice step up in things. it would be an ideal match for your A5 integrated as well.

apart from the mf A5cd theres also some very nice CD players from brands like cyrus, arcam, cambridge and also the marantz SA15/11 are very nice players too with the added bonus of retaining sacd playback

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by alebonau
                                                                  welcome over to club MF hdblu.

I'd be very suprised if the mf a5CD wasnt a very nice step up in things. it would be an ideal match for your A5 integrated as well.

apart from the mf A5cd theres also some very nice CD players from brands like cyrus, arcam, cambridge and also the marantz SA15/11 are very nice players too with the added bonus of retaining sacd playback
                                                                  hi thanks for your reply there a shop in Sydney that is selling the a5 for $2600 still i bit high for a cd player I will have i look at those brands.
                                                                  You will know this why are there going more on the line of 2ch the new denon cd players are only 2ch is it better only using 2 ch then 5.1ch. also the PS3 dose sacd in 5.1ch my friend has a PS3 & he has about 400 sacd & his speakers are Martin Logan. have you done any test with the PS3 with the A5

also did you like my home theater the screen is 11ft 2:35.1 im getting a anamorphic lens soon.
                                                                  thanks
                                                                  2ch Setup
                                                                  Krix Neupohonix
                                                                  Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                                  Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                                                  MIT

Comment

• alebonau
                                                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                                                    • Oct 2005

hi blu have indeed heard the original ps3 on sacd at a mates vs his sony 3000es sacd. one of the probs with the sacd on the ps3 is it converts the dsd to pcm internally to feed out to the amp which is not ideal. the other issue is given the pcm feed over hdmi to the avr or pre means it will always be held back by the dacs and covertors in the avr/ pre unless they are of top quality.

to take advantage of the lovely analogs quality of the a5 integrated you have you want a player with good analog quality. I don't run my sacd for multichannel just 2ch.

for multichannel can pick up an affordable oppo, the new ps3 does not do sacd.

a couple options to explore. the amount the sydney store is selling the a5cd for is a bargain considering its a $4k player. its a very good match for the a5 for sure, other wise some other options out there as suggested.

ps I notice carlton audio visual have a couple of their demo A5 cd's they're clearing too on run out for$2.5k.

can you borrow the a5 from the sydney retailer to check out, will have your answer then whether the expense is worth the expense to you or not.

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Jul 2008

hi he said that it converts it to PCM he did worry about it A wood worry.I have a onkyo avr that has two HDMI on it so that wood be good for me only if it did convert it PCM. also I like it going in to my A5 & bypass my onkyo

len wallis is have a discounted on all of the older models & the A5 is in the list for $2699 but I do not have the money at this time so i will miss out on it.

The A5 use the 6112 nu-vista tube & the A5-5 use it ecc88 is there going to be much different with the two most important is what our ears hear. I when to my local dealer today he said in 6 mouth time he can do me a good deal on the A5-5 that good that I do not have the money at this time.

thanks
                                                                      Last edited by HDBLU; 07 July 2008, 06:42 Monday.
                                                                      2ch Setup
                                                                      Krix Neupohonix
                                                                      Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                                      Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                                                      MIT

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Jul 2008

How do you get your pictures on the front of the page like very big. And not Attached Thumbnails.
                                                                        2ch Setup
                                                                        Krix Neupohonix
                                                                        Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                                        Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                                                        MIT

Comment

• alebonau
                                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by HDBLU
                                                                          hi he said that it converts it to PCM he did worry about it A wood worry.I have a onkyo avr that has two HDMI on it so that wood be good for me only if it did convert it PCM. also I like it going in to my A5 & bypass my onkyo

len wallis is have a discounted on all of the older models & the A5 is in the list for $2699 but I do not have the money at this time so i will miss out on it.

The A5 use the 6112 nu-vista tube & the A5-5 use it ecc88 is there going to be much different with the two most important is what our ears hear. I when to my local dealer today he said in 6 mouth time he can do me a good deal on the A5-5 that good that I do not have the money at this time.

thanks
                                                                          probably worth the wait perhaps, plus never know one or either might come up as a bargain down the track on ebay and the like too.

the 6112 nu-vista are differenct to the ecc88/6922 that the A5-5 use. the 6112 are a long life mil-spec valve. with their long life theyre fitted for life. the 6922's you'll get likely 10,000 hours out of. as an indication I have an old mf valve dac I use in my headphone setup that has 6922's on its output stage and theyre still going strong about 16 years later ! hehe

in charecter the 6922's I've experienced in previous mf products has been a vibrant, with some warmth and plenty of dynamics. the 6112 by comparison is a more smootther silkier sound. you can swap 6922 valves from the jan philips mf use as stock to russian svetlanas and also get a colder leaner sound as well. MF have a long history of using the 6922/ecc88 valve. my audio research pre uses 6922 as well. Replacements valves are suprisingly easily got readily at very affordable prices making for good buying

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Jul 2008
                                                                            • 311

I will wait so I can get the A5-5 he said in 6 mouth time i can get it at a lower price anyway when i will buy it I see if i can take one home like a ex demo before i buy it.
                                                                            It is a lot of money to spend on a cd player. I still have in my head is it going to sound a little bit better is it worth the extra money to spend.

Thanks
                                                                            2ch Setup
                                                                            Krix Neupohonix
                                                                            Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                                            Musical Fidelity M6CDP

Cables I Use
                                                                            MIT

Comment

• LightZY
                                                                              Junior Member
                                                                              • Jul 2008
                                                                              • 2

Hi recently i got myself a X-T100 int amp and i was wondering if it can drive a pair of Dynaudio's 52SE well. I heard that it is able to due to it's high current peak or something related.

Anybody have this combo and care to share your experiences?

Comment

• s204oxox
                                                                                Junior Member
                                                                                • Jul 2008
                                                                                • 6

hi , as the co claims, A1008 amp and kw 550 amp have same design and cucuit, and u indistigusihable sound, is it real, then if high power is not a need, do a1008 amp, a good buy, thx

Comment

• uncle_dito
                                                                                  Member
                                                                                  • Dec 2006
                                                                                  • 85

Originally posted by s204oxox
                                                                                  hi , as the co claims, A1008 amp and kw 550 amp have same design and cucuit, and u indistigusihable sound, is it real, then if high power is not a need, do a1008 amp, a good buy, thx
                                                                                  Hi s204oxox,
                                                                                  I have A1008 and I am very happy with it. With a DAC incorporated and various inputs into it, and also a HT direct input (check if KW550 has one), I think it is a good buy.
                                                                                  I have not compared it to KW550, but to A5CR Power/pre combo. This is where I reported my comments:

The only annoying side is that when you use the HT direct input, the volumen from the external HT Pre out is memorized (ie at high level after watching a movie unless you turn the volume down before switching off the Pre out), and can give you an ackward noise when changing the source input back to CD, for example. Also the volume knob is a little noisy when changing the volume.
                                                                                  regards,
                                                                                  Hi Fi: Audio Research VT.100mkIII, Reference 3, DAC8; Sony SCDXA5400ES; MF A1008 integrated (backup); B&W 803D (also used in HT setup); IXOS cables XHS553 (644 SPC4mm2 high purity silver speaker cable); Chord Digital Signature coaxial, Chord Optical Optichord; VDH C5 The Bay; MIT AVt 1 analogue interconnects; QNAP TS209 NAS; J River MC21
                                                                                  HT:Sony STR-DA1200ES (Front Pre Out into Reference 3 HT input); Sony SAVE-835D speakers; Sony Blu ray BDP-5000ES; REL STRATA 5; QED Reference Digital audio

Comment

• roll - gybe
                                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                                    • Dec 2007
                                                                                    • 8

Pre-outs on my A5 int

Hey guys, I have a question that you can probably help me with.

I have an A5 integrated, and I want to run a second zone off my deck.

I won't be using it all the time.

Can I run the zone 2 speakers to an integrated amp then to the pre-outs on the A5? My plan would be to turn on the zone 2 amp when we use the deck. That way we could have music on the deck and in the living room.

Does this make sense? Will the signal still feed the A5 normally if I run pre-outs?

Thanks!

Comment

• linuxtx
                                                                                      Member
                                                                                      • Apr 2007
                                                                                      • 71

Yes, this should work fine, in fact it is how I run my headphone amp.

Comment

• roll - gybe
                                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                                        • Dec 2007
                                                                                        • 8

Ok, cool!

Comment

• s204oxox
                                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                                          • Jul 2008
                                                                                          • 6

did anyone have experience on pushing Dyna c1 by A1008, can it perform the job well???

Comment

• linuxtx
                                                                                            Member
                                                                                            • Apr 2007
                                                                                            • 71

Originally posted by s204oxox
                                                                                            did anyone have experience on pushing Dyna c1 by A1008, can it perform the job well???
                                                                                            I have not heard the combination myself yet, but I bought my A5 integrated from a Dynaudio dealer who knew that my next upgrade would be the C1s. He assured me that the A5 mates very well with the C1s and that I would not need to replace or update it when I moved to the C1 speakers.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"