X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FKjazz
    • Jan 2006

New

Hi I am new to theforum ,from Berlin,Germany and want ti introduce myself.I use a pair of Klipsch La Scala for 30 years now.
    As I hear a lot of Jazz music nothing came close to the Klipsch in dynamic,live atmosphere all the years( besides the Khorn).The only speakers that are equal in dynamics plus better in classic music and deeper in bass are my Tannoy dualconcentric Kensington Prestige ( but much more expensive).
    I never was really satisfied with the Tweeter of the Klipsch ,not enough air around Instruments,poor in room presentation-so I went for active ION Tweeters instead from ATR --a big step to more satisfaction in that point.
    What the Klipsch need to sound well : an excellent Speaker cable for a controlled bass,a tube amp or an tube kind one in charakteristic to avoid harshness.I drove them for years with Accuphase components and was never really satisfied.Now they run on ASR Emitter- the most tube like sounding Amp in HighEnd but with an incredible Power also ,what I need for my other Speakers( especially Magneplanar). Besides my turntable I use an excellent Tube-CD Player from China Cayin CDT 17, unbeatable for the price, could declass 6-10000$ components in direct comparison.
    In this chain the " historic" La Scala is still comparable in the top leage of dynamic speakers.
    As I read in the Klipsch Forum there are some guys offering upgraded Crossover network--between others Dean G.
    How can I get into contact to those,any links, e-mail adress ?
    I think after 30 years my network should be upgraded.

FKjazz

Comment

• Trey Cannon
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DrJRapp
      That's 100% correct. TOL is 3-8" then down to 3-6" then the line goes to 2- 8" etc etc. All in all there are 6 towers, 4 bookshelves, 4 centers, 4 surrounds, and six subs (some with room eq) in the new Reference 4 series. With all that product Klipsch needs to concentrate on expanding their meager dealer organization for Reference.

Surprisingly, the 3/8 you speak of AKA the RF 83 which is intended to replace the RF7 is priced the same as a pair of RF7s. I think manufacturing for that has been moved to China since I have been told that the cabinet finish is vastly improved. The "old" RF7 was made in Indy and had inconsistent (and in my opinion second rate) cabinetry.

The RF-83,63,RC64 are all built in Hope
      The RF-7,RC-7, RB-75 were built in Hope
      "...Oh Yea, I get paid to play with speakers."

Comment

• DrJRapp
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Trey Cannon
        The RF-83,63,RC64 are all built in Hope
        The RF-7,RC-7, RB-75 were built in Hope
        Trey

I stand corrected! Thanks for letting us know that, since the similarities in build lead to the conclusion that they are from your Chinese fabricator. By the way I for one don't think being built in Hope necessarily makes them better. I know there are those who will disagree.

I think that the Chinese do a great job, often better than American labor. My RF7s are an example. The cabinetry is very poorly finished. Finish color varies way too much, not only between the two RFs but between the varying sides of each speaker. And, I've had the pair open to install DeanGs crossovers and was much distressed by the internals, even at their "value price point" I would have expected better. My RB 15s are far better built.

I have a grand piano built by the Dongbehy Piano Company bearing the famous American brand "Story & Clark" (Mr Story and Mr Clark are as much a legend in sound in their own arena as PWK) that is about as perfect a piece of work as one could find from anywhere. It sounds great too.

Two quick questions. First where are the drivers for all models built, secondly, would the RC 64 timber match with RF7s? Even with all of it rave reviews, I've never been satisfied with my RC7's boxy sonic qualities for male vocal information. The 4 LF drivers may help.
        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Terry - Halo
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Chris D
          I'm up for starting a Klipsch club here for talking about big Klipsch topics......

CHRIS
          Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
          Like you Chris, my entire home theater project is made audible purely by Klipsch.

My current Klipsch equipment enabling 7.1 channels of pure excitement:
          (2) RF-7s
          (1) RC-7
          (1) RSW-15
          All the above are in cherry wood veneer. I think they are beautiful pieces of furniture. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!!
          (4) RS-7s in black

<> For me, fine audio and video are like the fine beer coming from my kegerator, life is just too short not to enjoy the best!!! :^x

<>

Terry
          Last edited by Chris D; 21 July 2015, 23:14 Tuesday.

Comment

• Trey Cannon
            • Dec 2005

Trey

I stand corrected! Thanks for letting us know that, since the similarities in build lead to the conclusion that they are from your Chinese fabricator. By the way I for one don't think being built in Hope necessarily makes them better. I know there are those who will disagree.

I think that the Chinese do a great job, often better than American labor. My RF7s are an example. The cabinetry is very poorly finished. Finish color varies way too much, not only between the two RFs but between the varying sides of each speaker. And, I've had the pair open to install DeanGs crossovers and was much distressed by the internals, even at their "value price point" I would have expected better. My RB 15s are far better built.

I have a grand piano built by the Dongbehy Piano Company bearing the famous American brand "Story & Clark" (Mr Story and Mr Clark are as much a legend in sound in their own arena as PWK) that is about as perfect a piece of work as one could find from anywhere. It sounds great too.

Two quick questions. First where are the drivers for all models built, secondly, would the RC 64 timber match with RF7s? Even with all of it rave reviews, I've never been satisfied with my RC7's boxy sonic qualities for male vocal information. The 4 LF drivers may help.

The knife edge of the cabinets just look better...
            About 90-95% of all drivers come from china. We tell them what we want and they send us samples until they get it right. Then they are tested and shipped to the factory where the speaker is built. (ie, hope or china)

I can't say about the difference in the 7's and 83's. I have not had the time to sit down with them. One thing I can say for sure is the LF is much better. you almost don't need a sub in HT with thoes things.
            "...Oh Yea, I get paid to play with speakers."

Comment

• BlazeMaster
              • May 2004

I just made a switch from B&W to Klipsch. Still breaking my RF82 in at the moment, but a very happy new owner of Klipsch so far. I went from the B&W704 to RF82 and HTM7 to RC64. Still in the processing of picking up one pair of the RSs, not sure which one to go with.
              I thought I was going to just like the Klipsch for movies, but I am finding that I like them better for music as well. Very dynamic speaker.

Comment

• DrJRapp
                Super Senior Member
                • Apr 2003

Do you have intentions of picking up any of the surrounds from the new series?
                Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                  • May 2004

yes. I like the new RS62 very much. I will pick them up after I sell my current surrounds.

Comment

• tech_table
                    • Jan 2006

Nice to see the KLIPSCH fan, here is my list:

KLF10 Front
                    RC7 Center
                    RS35 Rear

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                      • May 2004

Anybody got a chance to compare the different new floorstanders? I got a pair of RF82 w/ the RC64. Wondering if I should upgrade my 82s to the 63s. Anybody got a chance to compare the two?

Comment

• garyandroes
                        • Dec 2005

Ok does anybody no where I view a pair of the new R 83s that are taking over the RF 7s ? I have been the places and nobody seems to have any knowledge of the new speaker even coming out . I found one place that knew that the Rf 7s were going out but did not know about the new comming in . I would like to see and hear a pair of anybody know how I can do that ?

THANKS GARY

Comment

• DrJRapp
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by garyandroes
                          Ok does anybody no where I view a pair of the new R 83s that are taking over the RF 7s ? THANKS GARY
                          Give it another week or two.
                          Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• FENDEBENDER
                            • Sep 2005

i Was just able to purchase the rb 81 for surround ater much looking, these will go with my RF 7 and Rc 7 for a complete system, i'm hoping they work well.

Comment

• badboyspack
                              • May 2006

New to the site and right away found my croud of people :T

I will drop a pic of my toys in here for ya to see.

They sound great, I will now need to get a good pre/pro and an amp to drive them.
                              Tom
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              Klipsch RF-7's mains
                              Klipsch RC-7 center
                              Klipsch RB-75's surrounds
                              :heh:

Comment

• Vinny
                                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by badboyspack

I drop a pic of my toys in here for ya to see.

They sound great, I will now need to get a good pre/pro and an amp to drive them.
                                Very nice system! how you exactly do with your RF and the RB above? Or they were surround and you just put up in front for the picture? With the RF7(I believe it's 7 by comparison.......) you have down there you wouldn't need the RB above I believe?
                                Pioneer KRP-500M
                                Emotiva UMC-1
                                Parasound 5125
                                Oppo BDP-83
                                Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
                                SVS PB-10NSD

Comment

• badboyspack
                                  • May 2006

Originally posted by Vinny
                                  Very nice system! how you exactly do with your RF and the RB above? Or they were surround and you just put up in front for the picture? With the RF7(I believe it's 7 by comparison.......) you have down there you wouldn't need the RB above I believe?
                                  The RB-75 were just put up there for pictures. I was listening to them in stereo mode all night when I got them to help try to break them in a little bit.

They are my rear surround speakers and sound great.
                                  Tom
                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  Klipsch RF-7's mains
                                  Klipsch RC-7 center

Comment

• Chris D
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Dec 2000

Originally posted by badboyspack

I will drop a pic of my toys in here for ya to see.

Oh, yeah, very nice. :T Sorry, I can't look at that pic, though... the blur in the middle makes my eyes hurt!
                                    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                                    - Pleasantville

Comment

• badboyspack
                                      • May 2006

I saw that too Chris, time to take a better one.

The sound is not blury though.
                                      Tom
                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                      Klipsch RF-7's mains
                                      Klipsch RC-7 center

Comment

• cjandmm
                                        • May 2006

I am thinking of using the new Reference line RC-64 center channel in conjunction with RVX-54 L/R. Will this be ideal? I am concerned about mixing the square horn on the center channel with the round horns on the RVX-54's. I am currently using an RVX-42 as a center, but do not feel this provides enough "impact" for my tastes. My speakers are all Klipsch Reference except my subs (2x Martin Logan).

Comment

• soundhound
                                          • Mar 2004

Series matching makes a big difference...
                                          I had used an RC 3 with my RF 7's and thought it sounded fine, until putting the RC 7 in there. When you use the same series it becomes completely seemless.
                                          What does Klipsch recomend for a center for the RVX-54's?

Comment

• CombatWombat
                                            • Jul 2006

Wrong Place sorry

Comment

• Ryan W.
                                              • Jul 2006

Hey Youzer, I'm new to this forum. I have a pair of RB-35s and the bass seems fairly good. My receiver is about 100 watts per channel. I'm curious, how powerful is your panasonic receiver?

Comment

• Ryan W.
                                                • Jul 2006

Problems?

Many of you have real nice systems. But have any of you had any problems with your Klipsch speakers?
                                                Last edited by Ryan W.; 09 July 2006, 11:10 Sunday. Reason: repeated

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Apr 2003

Many years ago I had my then infant daughter crawl up to one my Heresy (which had the grilles off) and take a bite out of the woofer surround. Does that qualify as a problem????...lol OBTW Klipsch parts laughed their a__ off on the phone, and got me a new driver within a week for $25.
                                                  Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• CombatWombat
                                                    • Jul 2006

My dad once had someone try and steal his cornwall they got them to the front door and gave up... they the kicked the bass driver... the driver lost... he got them fixed not sure what it cost I was a bit young at the time

Comment

• Chris D
                                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                                      • Dec 2000

Many years ago I had my then infant daughter crawl up to one my Heresy (which had the grilles off) and take a bite out of the woofer surround. Does that qualify as a problem????...lol OBTW Klipsch parts laughed their a__ off on the phone, and got me a new driver within a week for $25.
                                                      Jerry, does that make her a permanent Heretic?

No, I haven't had any problems with my Klipsch Legend setup. I'll be upgrading eventually, though. Not sure when.
                                                      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Vinny
                                                        • Mar 2006

Only problem I had was the broken tweeter upon arrival from purchasing 2nd hand speaker. Called the parts department and got the replacement for around $40.

FYI, Klipsch has a decent parts department as I asked for all different parts for my previous promedia set and the tweeter replacement. Not just the service but the price too :B
                                                        Pioneer KRP-500M
                                                        Emotiva UMC-1
                                                        Parasound 5125
                                                        Oppo BDP-83
                                                        Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
                                                        SVS PB-10NSD

Comment

• Ryan W.
                                                          • Jul 2006

Breaking in

Hey Chris, or anyone else:
                                                          My RB-35s are still new. What is the best way to break them in, playing them at high volume for short periods of time or playing them at low volume for long periods of time?
                                                          Last edited by Ryan W.; 19 July 2006, 19:46 Wednesday. Reason: not specific

Comment

• brac
                                                            • Aug 2005

I run the same speaker setup as chris, I would say long time at mid levels... Only prob I ever had was a horn that broke, well having a used speaker shipped. I was able to use super glue. Klipsch only wanted $8.00 but who wants to wait....
                                                            Brac

Comment

• Ryan W.
                                                              • Jul 2006

While I was attempting to break in my RB-35s at volume number 3 1/2 or 4 to Van Halen's "Mean Street", I noticed something that scared me. The bass woofer I was looking at wasn't just beating in and out, it started to move side to side! I immediately turned it down. Is this a normal thing to happen at high volumes? Those RB-35s are extremely sensitive and with my 100 watt per channel receiver, the sound was really rocken. Ryan W.

Comment

• soundhound
                                                                • Mar 2004

I would bet it is more of an optical illusion that you see the side to side movement Ryan. There are fairly tight tolerances between the voice coil and the grooves in the magnets. At high db listening, with distortion you could probably get the woofs to "pop" from contact, but I would not think you could see it with the naked eye.
                                                                The spiders are fairly stiff and should hold the coil to in and out movement only. I would keep it down a notch for safety sake or get a little higher power amp that can drive that level without distortion.

Comment

• Ryan W.
                                                                  • Jul 2006

First of all there was no distortion. My Pioneer receiver is good to volume number 5, I had it tested with a pair of RB-35s at the store before I bought mine. And there was no mistake about it, the woofer definitely moved big distances side to side. From listening to you soundhound, I think maybe the spider is broken. I've had nothing but problems with my Klipsch speakers. I have already had one woofer replaced by Klipsch because the woofer actually split wide open during play! The people at the dealer where I bought the RB-35s said there was no way I turned it up too loud because the speaker was still playing just fine. It was not blown! I've had the RB-35s about 5 months now and I have probably never even turned the volume to number 4. Ryan W.
                                                                  Last edited by Ryan W.; 22 July 2006, 20:26 Saturday. Reason: not specific enough

Comment

• soundhound
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Mar 2004

Anything is possible Ryan, but a torn spider or, completely unglued one would be highly unlikeky. Are you trying to play, and achieve full range from your 35's? I just grabbed a set about a month ago and they do wonderfull as surrounds but there is no way I would try to get full range out of them as mains. I would suspect I could get the drivers to disinigrate with my amps, but I would look for a different configuration before I did that. I have 6 sets of their various offerings and have had 0 problems with them. I even picked up an older pair of Chorus a few months back just to try and replace my 7's with, and , that didn't happen. I was impressed at the shape every thing was in, given the Chorus are 17 years old and still have all of the oem components in them.
                                                                    Do you run a 2 channel or X.1 set up? Do you have a sub for music? Where are your tone controls set, at max? It sounds like you are trying to work them too hard to accomplish something a floor stander or additional sub may help remedy.

Comment

• maseline_98
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Apr 2005

I was looking to get a new set of speakers. I was looking to get a pair of RF-7s off of fleabay or something, but I haven't really heard them yet. I called my local dealer and they are discontinued. My next option would probably be the RF-82s. Has anybody had experience with these. The dealer told me I could get them @ $875/pair and the RC-62 for $375. This is within my price range and I'm sure that they are alot better than my Cerwin Vega LS-10s and LS-6C that I'm currently running. I like the "big" sound from them, but they are very "bassy".

Any Ideas?

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
                                                                      Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

_____________________________
                                                                      “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” - Einstein

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                        • Apr 2003

If you can get a pair of RF7s, I would if I were you. There are many that think the 7s are better than Klipsch's current offerings. I'm one of those people.
                                                                        Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• maseline_98
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Apr 2005

I could get that pair, but it seems that I should match the RC-7 and RS-7. I have an SVS sub, which seems to do well with the klipsch(from what I've read).

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
                                                                          Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” - Einstein

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                                                            • Dec 2000
                                                                            • 16877

Yup, I use dual SVS subs with my all-Klipsch setup. I used to use a Klipsch KSW-15 sub as well, but Klipsch excels at speakers, really, not subs.
                                                                            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                                              • Apr 2003
                                                                              • 1204

Originally posted by maseline_98
                                                                              I could get that pair, but it seems that I should match the RC-7 and RS-7. I have an SVS sub, which seems to do well with the klipsch(from what I've read).

I think it would be best to use an RC7 but not necessary to use a RS7. The guy who bought my 7s is using RS35s successfully.

Klipsch and SVS are like bread and butter...IMHO
                                                                              Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• maseline_98
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • Apr 2005
                                                                                • 317

Dang!!! I really want to jump on this, but it still seems rather expensive.

RF7s : $1299
                                                                                Ship $ 72

RC7 $ 499
                                                                                Ship $ 29

RS35s $398
                                                                                Ship free

RS35s $398
                                                                                Ship free -->for 7.1 setup
                                                                                -----
                                                                                $2767 seems like a big chunk of change(though, I'm sure compared to retail it's not a lot)

or the complete R-7 5.1 series(no sub) for:
                                                                                $2599
                                                                                $ 189
                                                                                ------
                                                                                $2788

I need to resist my temptation....

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Apr 2003
                                                                                  • 1204

Dang!!! I really want to jump on this, but it still seems rather expensive.

I need to resist my temptation....

Expensive compared to what? The water's fine so go ahead and jump!
                                                                                  Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• maseline_98
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Apr 2005
                                                                                    • 317

I know it's not all that expensive for what I'm getting, but it's winter and I still need new windows...but this is why I'm not married...so I can just buy whatever the hell I want...LOL...

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • Apr 2003
                                                                                      • 1204

I'm married and still buy whatever the hell I want....just need to make lots and lots of money to satisfy her wants too!...lol
                                                                                      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• soundhound
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Mar 2004
                                                                                        • 815

Expensive compared to what? The water's fine so go ahead and jump!
                                                                                        Bravo Jerry, well put.....

Comment

• maseline_98
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • Apr 2005
                                                                                          • 317

I was wondering if the RF-7s will be able to sound "fluent" with a different series Klipsch center/rears?....

Also...what are my options for a Amp?(seems as those the rotels don't sound really good with klipsch-->from what I've read)

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                                            • Apr 2003
                                                                                            • 1204

Also...what are my options for a Amp?(seems as those the rotels don't sound really good with klipsch-->from what I've read)
                                                                                            Oh really? My RF7s were great when driven by a Rotel RB 1080. They were even great with a lowly (?...lol) RMB 1075....
                                                                                            Jerry Rappaport

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"