X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

I just picked up Klipsch RF-62's and a RC-62 and I must say they sound VERY good after proper break in. Initially I thought they were lacking low end but it really came through after break in. I plan on upgrading to a power amp and pre/pro eventually but right now I'm running them on a Yammy RX-V2400

Comment

• Youzer
      • Aug 2004

Panasonic Question

Originally posted by Ryan W.
      Hey Youzer, I'm new to this forum. I have a pair of RB-35s and the bass seems fairly good. My receiver is about 100 watts per channel. I'm curious, how powerful is your panasonic receiver?

Wow, sorry it took so long I don't know how I missed your question originally! My Panasonic was 100 watts. Not bad for teh RF-35s. But now I'm running HK and am very satisfied.

Comment

• yourtoys7
        • Feb 2006

New to Klipsch...
        Sold my B&W 804 and some other thing due to 11month started to run around (was too afraid that he might demage something).
        I heared rf-82 paired with rotel and they sounded excellent, I honestly was trying to see where was this huge gap from 804s to rf-82s, but couldn't find the big one. They are different but not like price.
        I like my setup alot and I don't have to worry too much if little one might do something by accident.
        I'll post some pictures later...
        Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
        PSB T6,
        Velodyne SPL 1000R
        Rotel RSX-1057
        Rotel RB-1070
        OPPO 103
        Apple TV
        [

Comment

• soundhound
          • Mar 2004

Got pics yet yourtoys?
          Did you demo the Rotel Klipsch combo at a friends, or dealer?
          Most parts of the country have a hard time finding a retailer that sells both....Wish there were more.

Comment

• yourtoys7
            • Feb 2006

I'll try to post pictures in couple of days.
            I demo the combo in Buffalo, NY. my in laws there., for some reason they don't carry that anymore.
            Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
            PSB T6,
            Velodyne SPL 1000R
            Rotel RSX-1057
            Rotel RB-1070
            OPPO 103
            Apple TV
            [

Comment

• AnyWhere
              • Jul 2004

Just got my new RF83's out of the box. First impression is good but IMHO they need a lot of hours playing before they show what they really can do.

So, currently they are standing face to face, one of the speakers connected out of phase, playing some radio station in mono. Couple of more days of burnin and I'm ready to go

Comment

• DrJRapp
                Super Senior Member
                • Apr 2003

Do you have a CD with lots of low frequency content? That may be better than a radio station for burn in purposes with the RF 83s.
                Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• AnyWhere
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DrJRapp
                  Do you have a CD with lots of low frequency content? That may be better than a radio station for burn in purposes with the RF 83s.
                  That would probably be the best option. I got a few of CDs from a friend of mine that is really into psy trance or something. I'm not into that kind of music but most of the tracks seems to have some massive bass that makes the wall shake.

Anyway, the idea of putting the speakers front to front and connecting one of them out of phase came from the dealer that sold me the speakers. Playing in mono the speakers levels them self out and there is hardly any sound to be heard. Currently I'm feeding ca 60w into the speakers judging by the McIntosh meters. They will soon be ready for normal user I suppose
                  Last edited by AnyWhere; 24 April 2007, 03:08 Tuesday.

Comment

• maseline_98
                    • Apr 2005

Would the RF-5s run as a good surround set to a pair with the RF-7s? Also, I was wondering if $525 is good for the pair. I think they are series I. Also, the center channel I was looking at was RC-64. Is it bad to have different series center and floor or should I just stick to the RC-7(that is if I can find one at this juncture).
                    Last edited by maseline_98; 27 April 2007, 09:36 Friday.

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
                    Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

• DrJRapp
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Apr 2003

Masline

There is a diffence in timbre between the earlier Ref series and the latest. If I were you I would want to stay with the same series across the front. Anthing other than an RC7 (wich is a fabulous center) won't necessarily match well with the 7s. Differences in the side surrounds are less likely to be noticed.
                      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Ted
                        • May 2006

I just purchased a Rotel RSX-1057 this weekend to replace my Yamaha receiver, and let me just say, WOW do my Klipsch sound better. I've had a RF-5, RC-7, RS-25 set-up for a few years and it has been good, but nothing I've gotten too excited about.

Last fall I bought some B & W 703 with a Rotel source and separates and really fell in love with them and was considering switching the HT to B & W and Rotel. I'll have to play with HT set up some more, but just getting the new receiver made a world of difference in the Klipsch's sound. I'm impressed. Anyone considering buying Rotel to run their Klipsch, I'd highly recommend it!! Hmmm, now if I had separates instead of a receiver...
                        Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• soundhound
                          • Mar 2004

Sounds like the start of something there Ted. Music genre makes a difference, but, put some good electronics ahead of Klipsch, and be prepaired.
                          I read over at the Klipsch forum often of how guys run their speaks with mass produced-marketed brands of receivers, and they just don't do them justice. I for one believe Rotel designs for sonics (as much as possible at their price point) where most mainstreamers target the sweet tooth enthusiasts with candy.........

Comment

• nicholtl
                            • Aug 2003

WOW! I just noticed this club here! Awesome! Klipsch forever!!

Comment

• maseline_98
                              • Apr 2005

Does my marantz sr-8400 have enough power to push a RF-7 series. For my readings, the RF-7 dip down to under 3 ohms. My receiver runs at 7 x 110 at 8 ohmns. I was thinking about purchasing a rotel RB-1080 or RB-1090, but money is really tight right now....

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
                              Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

• soundhound
                                • Mar 2004

It's certainly worth the shot. A seperate amp will give you more headroom once you start to push the 7's, and that can get the impedance dips going pretty low.
                                If you look at their sensitivity, you will seldom be in the room with them when you begin to feed them 50 plus watts or so.
                                They are some incredible music makers with minimal power, as I ran mine with 20 watt tube amps early on in my tube fettish, and we were both happy....then.......

Comment

• Chris D
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Dec 2000

Yes, if you had to pick a speaker brand that requires less power than any other, Klipsch would probably be it. Very efficient operation. (Klipsch Bob, sorry... I know you taught us that "efficient" is not really the right phrase!)
                                  CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                                  - Pleasantville

Comment

• maseline_98
                                    • Apr 2005

Well...I got my RF-7 series setup and it sounds very clear. I thought it might have a little more bass, but my SVS certainly makes up for it. I'm still playing with my settings trying to get the but I have it all my speakers set to "small" with my LPF at 80 hz. Also, I never used a speaker that had both LF and HF sets of binding. Although I'm a little embarressed to admit it, it confused a little bit. At about -15db(which is really loud) on my receiver, the drivers on the RF-7s barely move. I had to put my hand on them to make sure they were working.

Comment

• Chris D
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Dec 2000

Well, don't feel bad. I can count on one hand the number of speakers I'd recommend for use WITHOUT adding a subwoofer.
                                      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Jan 2006

Does that include DIY speakers???

Comment

• maseline_98
                                          • Apr 2005

Does anybody have a DIY guide to dim the highs and up the lows of my RF-7s?

Comment

• maseline_98
                                            • Apr 2005

[QUOTE=Patt]For sure, they sound much better. I was thinking about letting them go but now they are going to stay a while.

QUOTE]

Patt,

I was wondering how the sound changed and how much was the mod?

Comment

• soundhound
                                              • Mar 2004

maseline,
                                              if you get ahold of this guy (DeanG) over @ Klipsch forums, he can do them for you.
                                              I had corresponded with him a couple of times, Modified my own with his values, and went back to original value components, but much pricier components, which helped a great deal. Ultimately it took tubes to fully tame them at any volume.

Comment

• maseline_98
                                                • Apr 2005

Thanks...I sent him a message Hopefully he gets back to me

Comment

• avrtRick
                                                  • Oct 2007

Well, A Klipsch thread.

I so much want a full suite of 83's, guess I will have to wait,sigh.
                                                  But at the moment I have the synergy F3 suite and C3( alot better than the previous speakers in my HT)
                                                  I have many a time pushed these speakers to levels that I thought was not possible (as far as the volume could go)powered by my RB1080 and RMB1095 and everytime I do so,am amazed.
                                                  My previous speakers had sensitivity level of 91db,the synergy's at 97db.
                                                  I immediatly noticed the difference when I switched(very big difference)
                                                  I can only imagine how good the 83's are

Comment

• avrtRick
                                                    • Oct 2007

Can anyone tell me what the RT-12d performs like,

Is this a good sub?

Comment

• soundhound
                                                      • Mar 2004

Rick,
                                                      that may be a better question asked at the Klipsch forum.
                                                      I opted for an SVS for HT, as when I put my set up together, all the Klipsch offerings were mediocre at best.
                                                      I have heard good things of their more recent pieces.
                                                      As far as your mains, any of the RF's are beauts, and are a noticable improvemnt over the Synergy series. Moving up the RF chain just gives you "more" of a very good thing.
                                                      They are dynamic like no other speaker dreamt of.

Comment

• yourtoys7
                                                        • Feb 2006

I have the RT-10d, my brother in law has RT-12d. I love my sub and its performance, once his room is comple will see the difference from 10 to 12, but I can only see the good being better :>
                                                        Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
                                                        PSB T6,
                                                        Velodyne SPL 1000R
                                                        Rotel RSX-1057
                                                        Rotel RB-1070
                                                        OPPO 103
                                                        Apple TV
                                                        [

Comment

• avrtRick
                                                          • Oct 2007

Well next year, I will triple my spendature so I hope to include three pairs of 83s,two center channels,and a great sub(or two).
                                                          But this will take over half of what I put aside(I understand that,well speakers being the most important aspect of a great HT,to me anyway,but also seem to be the most expensive)
                                                          I do agree with you Soundhound,
                                                          the RF series are great speakers(they are the speakers that made me start with HT,just because of there sound ) the only reason I purchased the F3s was the fact that my other speakers(not all,but most of them) blew under the grunt of my Rotel power amps (but they did state that they could handle 300W,but I guess not)
                                                          and I needed a quick replacement that represented good value for money(and a 5year warantee)but in my way of looking forward I thought that when I get my 83s,I then will have a,well in my view,a decent 7.1 set for my bedroom

Comment

• avrtRick
                                                            • Oct 2007

I have played with the likes of B&W and Klipsch at my AVspecialist and the 83s are beautiful, the B&Ws are great too and there bass seems deeper but that might be that the port is front not back,also,to me the Klipsch had more detail

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by soundhound
                                                              Rick,
                                                              that may be a better question asked at the Klipsch forum.
                                                              I opted for an SVS for HT, as when I put my set up together, all the Klipsch offerings were mediocre at best.
                                                              I have heard good things of their more recent pieces.
                                                              As far as your mains, any of the RF's are beauts, and are a noticable improvemnt over the Synergy series. Moving up the RF chain just gives you "more" of a very good thing.
                                                              They are dynamic like no other speaker dreamt of.
                                                              I just finished my new somewhat small (13.5x 18 x 9) dedicated theater setup and you may find this combo interesting...

RF 63 mains....set to large but roll off to sub at 50hz
                                                              RC 64 center set to large but roll off at 80Hz
                                                              RS 62 Surrounds set to small roll off at 100hz
                                                              RB 35 Rears set small roll off at 100hz
                                                              SVS PC13 Ultra

For my tastes the dynamics of the Klipsch SVS combo cannot be beaten at any price...perhaps that's because Tom V of SVS is an admirer of PWK ..and he owns Khorns for his own personal listening.
                                                              Last edited by DrJRapp; 28 November 2007, 08:46 Wednesday.
                                                              Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                Moderator Emeritus
                                                                • Dec 2000

Rock on, Doc...
                                                                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• maseline_98
                                                                  • Apr 2005

Has anybody had any experience using Parasound with Klipsch?

_____________________________
                                                                  “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” - Einstein

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                                                    • Dec 2000

Yup, for many years I've used the Parasound Halo gear with an all-Klipsch Legend setup. Sounded nice!
                                                                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• timetohunt
                                                                      • Feb 2007

OK Klipsheheads,
                                                                      I have a few items I wish to get your opinions on.

First off I have to do pretty much most of my audio purchases and setup by instinct. I am way out in the woods and really have no time to audition amps, disc players, receivers etc. I have to read as much I can and go with the instinct.

1. I have RF-83s in a 5.1 config thats waiting for a matching center and surrounds. Yet the center and surrounds are not that important to me right now plus I am substituting cerwin-vegas in those spots that do ok. Redbook CD man am I. And anyone who says RF-83s are only for listening to movies should hear these.

Anyway your thoughts on this - I have them placed 22 feet apart, almost in the corners of a room that is about 24x40 (with the room cut in half by a storage room). So imagine a sort of big L shaped room that is like 24x15x15x25x40. Anyone else have their floorstanders this far apart. They work for me. Comments?

2. Amps are always such a debate when it comes to Klipcsh. I power the RF-83s with a pro-style Peavey 900watt (450 per) that is made for club PA systems. Man, outside of the noisy fan, I think this is a fine match. I would love to try some other gouchy amps against it, tubes, etc. The peavey runs about $350.

3. Again, this is on instinct, but I added a second RW12d sub. Daisy chained them together from the receiver side by side. Any thoughts on that?
                                                                      Putting the second anywhere else would be doable but a wiring task.

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by timetohunt
                                                                        OK Klipsheheads,

First off I have to do pretty much most of my audio purchases and setup by instinct. I am way out in the woods and really have no time to audition amps, disc players, receivers etc. I have to read as much I can and go with the instinct.

1. I have RF-83s in a 5.1 config thats waiting for a matching center and surrounds. Yet the center and surrounds are not that important to me right now plus I am substituting cerwin-vegas in those spots that do ok. Redbook CD man am I. And anyone who says RF-83s are only for listening to movies should hear these.

Anyway your thoughts on this - I have them placed 22 feet apart, almost in the corners of a room that is about 24x40 (with the room cut in half by a storage room). So imagine a sort of big L shaped room that is like 24x15x15x25x40. Anyone else have their floorstanders this far apart. They work for me. Comments?

2. Amps are always such a debate when it comes to Klipcsh. I power the RF-83s with a pro-style Peavey 900watt (450 per) that is made for club PA systems. Man, outside of the noisy fan, I think this is a fine match. I would love to try some other gouchy amps against it, tubes, etc. The peavey runs about $350.

3. Again, this is on instinct, but I added a second RW12d sub. Daisy chained them together from the receiver side by side. Any thoughts on that?
                                                                        I use a QSC pro amp in my offcie system (It was in my old main system drivign the woofers in my K Horns).

Try adding a low flow fan to yoru amp. I added a low flow Panaflow. It was about $20 and is virtually silent.

Comment

• soundhound
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by timetohunt
                                                                          OK Klipsheheads,

1) That distance apart has to all but destroy their imaging. Even if you were 22 feet back from them (creating a triangle), the volume that must be applied to hear them well enough to "listen" to them would be too much.
                                                                          I ran my 7's about 8' apart in our old house. Sat back 8-10' from them, and could really detect toe changes in them of even 2-3". Imaging helps set the depth of field for the instruments or people in the bands placement on stage, or in the studio. Much of this may come down to music genre, prefered volumes, etc.....but.......

2) Pro amps DON'T belong in serious 2 channel rigs. They have different design principals behind them from, biasing to component selction, and are not a good match for "listening" sessions.
                                                                          They will do well at HT as the details are not as important there. Most are fan cooled which isn't a biggie as they can be stuffed in an equipment closet.
                                                                          Then again, there are some manufacturers who have done a wonderful job with amps, that can handle the dynamics of HT, provide 5 or 7 channels, and can be had pretty reasonably on the Agon market.

3)Can't really comment on the sub, as I don't use one with the RF 7's for music, and run 1 SVS for HT.
                                                                          Trial and error (move 1 around the room) is sometimes effective, as well as there are graphics available with software on line to calculate and get people going with placements.

Comment

• brac
                                                                            Member
                                                                            • Aug 2005
                                                                            • 90

TIMETOHUNT, well isn't it always (never mind) Where do you live?

I have to agee about the amp being made with other things in mind.
                                                                            22feet is there a sound stage at all?
                                                                            Brac

Comment

• maseline_98
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Apr 2005
                                                                              • 317

RF7s: Rotel vs Anthem? I'm not really familar with the Anthem line, but my local dealer told me that they would be a good match with my Klipsch. I, of course, questioned if he was just trying to sell me them. I was wondering what you guys thought. I was thinking about the MCA20 or MCA30. They seem to be right around the same price point as RB-1080.

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” - Einstein

Comment

• soundhound
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • Mar 2004
                                                                                • 815

The Rotel 1080 is a wonderful match with the 7's, it really handles them quite nicely.
                                                                                I ran one for quite some time b-4 going to tubes.
                                                                                Can't comment on the Anthem, allthough have read good things on them.

Comment

• maseline_98
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Apr 2005
                                                                                  • 317

Originally posted by soundhound
                                                                                  The Rotel 1080 is a wonderful match with the 7's, it really handles them quite nicely.
                                                                                  I ran one for quite some time b-4 going to tubes.
                                                                                  Can't comment on the Anthem, allthough have read good things on them.
                                                                                  I'm rather curious why you went to tubes and what is the price point...

Comment

• soundhound
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Mar 2004
                                                                                    • 815

I sampled tubes with a Jolida cd player, in the midst of an all Rotel set up (RSP 1068, RB 1080, and an RMB 1075) and was so taken by their allure.
                                                                                    There are tons of mixed reviews on the web about tubes vs, but for my likes, John Lee Hooker had never sounded so Real except coming at me through a Wadia cd player, VTL pre amp, and VTL mono pwer amps.

I initially set up a full 2 channel tube set up for under $1500, and have settled in to just under 10 times that.
                                                                                    Last edited by soundhound; 09 October 2008, 19:38 Thursday.

Comment

• H.T.C
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Nov 2003
                                                                                      • 368

Unless this has already been said: crutchfield is now a klipsch dealer
                                                                                      Robert

Comment

• Mig17
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Jan 2008
                                                                                        • 169

hi i am from singapore
                                                                                        I am searching a new processor
                                                                                        I found out a 2nd hand Aragon stage one 7.1 processor
                                                                                        Is anyone here ever owns it or has experience with it ?

Comment

• DrJRapp
                                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                                          • Apr 2003
                                                                                          • 1204

I was at my local friendly Klipsch Reference dealer yesterday and got a chance to sample the new Palladium line. I got to listen to the TOL $20 k model in a 2 channel rig featuring McIntosh electronics. I was very impressed, especially by the quality looks, but not so much as to run out and replace my ML Summits.

That dealer also metioned that there is a reworked Reference series on the way in about a year that utilizes a lot of things Klipsch learned from developing the Palladiums.
                                                                                          Last edited by DrJRapp; 09 October 2008, 14:53 Thursday.
                                                                                          Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• maseline_98
                                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                                            • Apr 2005
                                                                                            • 317

Well...I finally got it my xpa-5 setup. My only dilemma now is which receiver to use for my pre-amp(until I get my UMC-1)? My marantz sr-8400 and set the crossover point at 80hz for all channels or my HK AVR-630 and set the crossover point at around 40 Hz for the RF-7s, 60 hz for the RC-7 and RS-7s.

BTW: the xpa-5 played my 7s louder than I could even handle without even sweating!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"