Low cost IR solution for Zone 2 (UK vendor)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eiffel
    • Aug 2003

Low cost IR solution for Zone 2 (UK vendor)

For people who are looking for a relatively low cost solution to control the Zone2 output of Rotel pre-amps and receiver, I'd liketo recommend the IR kits from Keene electronics (A UK company which sells a distribution amplifier, 2 emitters and receiver for about GBP 40).

It worked right out of the box with my RSX-1055 (I just needed a stereo 3.5m jack cable to go between the one of the 4 low power outs of the distribution amplifier and your Rotel component).

In case you're curious, I have a fairly long connection between the IR DA and my receiver, but have no problem whatsever (the connection goes through two 10+ meter runs of basic Cat5 cable, a distribution panel, RJ45 wall outlets, etc... I'm actually able to use the same RJ45 cables to bring line level stereo sound to my zone 2 room, without hum or a balun, which is very good news).

I'm not affiliated with keene electronics, and decided to try their product given its low cost compared to better known brands... but I think that some people would be interested in this product

Eiffel
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

That's pretty cheap for what you're getting :T

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"