X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weepus
    • Apr 2007

zone 2 on integra 4.5 help!?

Ok, i'm about at wits end here.
    To simpify what im doing, I'll only refer to three components.
    1) The zone 2, which is just a CRT tv with composite video and simple two channel stereo... basicly, its just a tv. I'm not using Coax to feed it any signal, just the composite video and sterio cables from the integra.

2) The dvd player is connected via composite video and red/white stereo cables to the integra DVD IN connections

3) Video out is both s-video (to main room tv) and Composite (going to zone 2) Audio for main room is off the terminals to a powered surround sound system, zone 2 is NOT off the terminals but out of the zone 2 Line Out.
    The line out goes directly to the other TV along with the composite video cable.

now, the puzzling thing here is I get video but no audio. (on day one, i got both video and audio, I went out to dinner, returned home, turned the system back on and.. no audo in zone 2. Its never worked again.

I've tried zone 2 in both variable and fixed. No change.
    I've got zone two set to the DVD player, Zone 2 is ON. No sound, I set zone 2 to source and the video changes in the 2nd zone but still no audio.

Can someone out there give me some trouble shooting advise? The 2 pages on zone 2 in my manual just dont seem to help.

Thanks
    Chris
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Hey, Chris, in case this is due to the Integra itself, have you tried asking in Club Integra here on the forum? Might be experts there that can help.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• weepus
      • Apr 2007

I resolved the problem.
      After a day of trouble shooting the amp; I replaced the cables.
      Sigh... How the heck do cables stop working!? I mean really.

Sheez.
      Thanks all who put some thought into this.

Chris

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"