RB1070 with RSX1056 for best HT and Stereo setup?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sunggipark
    • Sep 2004

RB1070 with RSX1056 for best HT and Stereo setup?

Is it possible to use an RSX-1056 and RB-1070 to create an optimum HT setup and stereo setup. Essentially, the RB-1070 would power Front Left and Right while the RSX-1056 would act as the Pre-pro and power the center and 2 or 4 surround speakers. A separate power sub would be a part of the setip. Would this work and is it a better alternative than using the RSX-1056 alone or using the 1066 or 1068 with a 1075?

My understanding is that a stereo amp is better than a 5 channel amp to play stereo. Also a 1056 / 1070 combo would be much less expensive than a 1068 / 1075 combo.

I guess the basic question is with the above mentioned equipment, what would produce the best stereo system but also do justice to a HT setup at the best price.

Thanks in advance.
  • pdr711
    • Sep 2004

I was in a similiar situation. The 1068/1075 was out of my price range. Even though it was only $500-600 more than the setup I went with. I know when money is tight every dollar counts. I went with the 1080 instead of the 1070. The combo of 1056/1080 has worked great for me, HT and 2ch music.

Comment

• sunggipark
      • Sep 2004

Do you think using a stereo amp is better than a 5 channel amp for 2ch music?

Comment

• bartk
        • Feb 2005

perhaps a bit late, but I actually have the setup you describe. I have an RC-1070 and RSX-1056. I use a QED IX20 input expander to link both to my RB-1070, which is connected to my 2 fronts. that way I have a seperate Rotel Stereo setup and a Rotel Home cinema setup. I'm now saving for the Rotel RT-1080 and RCD-1072 to complete the stereo setup, and for the RMB-1075 to complete the home cinema setup.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"