X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

rsx1056 w/603s3 setup

I'm getting a pr of 603s3 and would like to know the proper setup.Speaker small/large/sub yes/no/etc.What crossover in the receiver should i set the speakers to.Right now i will have a missmatched center(def.tech. c2) until i can get the proper one.Would appreciate the advice that way when the spks arrive i can set them up properly right away.
    P.S.I did try a similar post at B&W forum really did not get much of a response.thanks
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

For HT you'd be hard pressed to beat setting all speakers to small with an 80 hz cross over. That applies to nearly every speaker made unless they have built in subwoofers (even then there are times when they should be set to small as well)

Its up to you if you want to run them full range for music. If you do just go into the subwoofer setup menu and turn the sub off for stereo. The nice thing about the bass management in the 1056 is that its very flexible :T

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

If i set sub off in the stereo setting should i also set the speakers to large in stereo?

Comment

• bandit788
        • Nov 2004

interested, bump.

Comment

• Bing Fung
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

My 603's are set to large in Stereo Mode, and small for HT duties. Even though I have a fully capable subwoofer, the reinforcement I get from my Mains set to large and crossed over at 40 hz is significant and pleasing to my ears.
          Bing

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"