X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomm
    • Oct 2005

stereo amp vs multichannel

i want to integrate a 2 channel setup with my ht setup and i am deciding between a good 2 channel pre-amp or a good 2 channel integrated amp. it must have a ht bypass and i do like the look of the musical fidelity a5 integrated or possible the a5 pre. with the volumes i listen to, i worked out that my amp should have a fair bit of headroom (i know, you can never have too much) but it is a 1075 multichannel amp. if i introduce a dedicated pre amp into the equation would my 2 channel sound as good using my 1075, or would i get a better result out of something similar like an rb1070? i am really torn between the two options because i know for $2500, i will get a better pre amp stage in a dedicated pre as opposed to the integrated but the integrated a5 will give me more power which should provide better bass etc.

anyone have any advice for me? i also plan on getting a rega p3 turntable aswell if this makes any difference.
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

Since you are going to be using a TT a pre with a good phono stage is a must unless you have a seperate pre for the phone. I have a RC-1070 pre and the writeups about the phono stage used in that is very positve. Some have said the phone stage in that $500 pre is worth the cost alone. I don't use a TT so I can't confirm those reports. I will be upgrading to the RC-1090 pre soon (waiting for delivery). I saw a used 1070 on Ebay - should be able to get one for $300.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"