Any Way To Have 1055 Internal Amps Power Second Zone?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gostan
    • May 2003

Any Way To Have 1055 Internal Amps Power Second Zone?

Two days with mynew rsx-1055 and I have several questions. I do need a second amp to power my zone 2. I would like more power on the main channels. Since I have to purchase a second amp for zone 2 and since I got such a great deal on the 1055 (3 months old - traded to my dealer) I was wondering why I could not purchase a 1075 amp and:

(i) use it to run my 5 main speakers and use the internals in the 1055 to run the zone 2 (is there some way to cable out of the zone 2 outs into the R-L Speaker outs of the unused 1055 mains - or use some type of switching box to do so?); or

(ii) I could simply return the 1055 and purchase a 1066-1075 combination (as it would only be about $400-500 more than the 1055-1075 combination) and then I could forego the second zone because i could then blast my mains loud enough to not need a zone 2 at all.

Wow, this is lots of fun to think about. By the way, my dvd-audio of Neil Young Harvest sounds so much sweeeter with the rsx-1055 instead of the denon 2800.
    Stan
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

No you can't use the internal amps for the second zone...at least not unless you want to only be able to duplicate what's happening in the main zone. If that's that case then connecting an addional set of speakers to the receivers front amps would work ok. You could then add volume pots in the second zone if need be....but if all you need is another amp for the second zone take a look around for a used receiver of some sort...it won't have to be anything fancy at all since all you need is two working amp channels. I've seen all sorts of suitable receivers at pawn shops or garage sales for cheap. If you do end up with the 5 channel amp though just use two channels from it for the second zone and use the receiver to power the sides. I doubt you'll really notice any difference in sound quality between the 1055 and 1075 when powering small side speakers.

Comment

• gchow
      • May 2003

I had the same dilemna myself, but then I found these for my Zone 2: http://www.divertech.com/aslwaveav8.htm

$99 or $119 per monoblock. They sound amazing...

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"