X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonnyz1245
    • Jan 2003

Sound difference BTWN 1066 and 1075

think I will notice a sound difference going from RSX 1055 to a dedicated amp like the 1075 and then keeping the 1055 or getting a 1066.

I will be running Paradigm studio 40s/20s/Studio CC and Sub.

I am sort of rephrasing my previous question on the upgrade.

Are the Amps in the 1055 going to come close to the sound I will get if I go seperates.

I LOVE 2 channel music at good all volume levels. I play my 20's around 44-66 on my RSX 1055 right now with a good average being 56.

I am most interested in the detail change and overall clarity.

If I go with 1055 + 1075 will I then be able to use Zone 2 on 1055 with 2 of the channels from 1075 in my bedroom as well ?

thanks
  • Doc_stereo
    • Jan 2003

I recently bought a 1055 for my audio/video room, but quickly realized that most of my time is spent listening to 2 channel music (80%/20%), and thought that I could do better. Don't get me wrong, I love my Rotel receiver. But, after much researching, I went with a separate Conrad-Johnson 2 channel amp just for my fronts (B&W).

In a word - astounding. I've always been skeptical when people describe something as having a "better soundstage", "tighter bass", "better separation", etc. Now I know what they mean...and it's all true.

I'm very happy I went with a separate amp for music and hopefully you will, too.

Michael

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"