X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sunggipark
    • Sep 2004

Should I buy a used RMB-1075?

I have an opportunity to purchase a second hand RMB-1075.

What are the chances I might get a defective component?

What sort of defects/problems might it have?

What can I do to try to get the manufacturer's warranty?

Thanks.
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

You should be quite safe buying a used one from a reliability stand point, if you do a search under the various Rotel threads you will have a hard time finding complaints or defects listed for the amp, and, as far as the warranty you could see if the owner has his/her original sales receipt. It is a pretty straight forward workhorse, and appears to like it like that.

Comment

• zsi
      • Oct 2004

I think it will depend on the price. I just bought a new amplifier (Rotel 1075) from a dealer with warranties and everything after I found out that the price of a used one is not very different from a new one. BTW, I paid $900 (tax included).

Comment

• ajpoe
        • Jul 2004

I agree with ZSI. I am up to a 15% discount on purchases now at my dealer. If you can negociate a good price for a new one, I'd feel a lot more comfortable getting that. Although, amps do seem to have a good track record if you can find a great used price.

AJ
        AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• Elmac
          • Apr 2004

You should be able to pickup used 1075 for about $600 to $700, If is more buy new
          Elmac
          All HT Signals Processed by D2 for Ultimate Experience

Comment

• sunggipark
            • Sep 2004

what's a good price for a used 1066?

Comment

• spiffnme
              • Apr 2003

I bought my 1075 and 1066 both used. I haven't had a single problem with either. I think the 1066 goes for about $1000 used now. The 1075 is usually about $700 used. Both generally get snapped up pretty darn quick though. Check audiogon.com every day.

Comment

• dvdchance
                • Oct 2004

I was pondering the same question for about a month. Kept looking every day for a 1075 on ebay or audiogon.

Since most seeemd to be in the 725 - 775 range, plus adding another 50 or so shipping, didn't really seem to work out that great for me.

Picked up a brandy new one for 900

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"