X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metallo
    • Sep 2004

Bi-Amp RMB1075 with zone 2?

As the topic says...

Is it possible to bi-amp RMB1075 with zone 2?

I have RSP1068/RMB1075 kombo and i have connected Front Left/Right as usual... but what happens if i connect zone 2 Left/Right output to RMB1075 Left/Right surround and bi-amp the speakers?

Do you guys think it will be any improvement or may i damage RMB1075?

Just some thoughts... my new Infinity Renaissance 90 need more effect!
    Thanks in advance
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

No you can't use the zone two outputs to bi-amp the speakers. Just get two RCA splitters and run the front and rear inputs off of the same front left/right output.

Kevin D.

Comment

• metallo
      • Sep 2004

Kevin D,

Why cant i use Zone 2? Cant i use Zone 2 to play the same source as Zone 1?

I dont wanna buy splitters before i know it will be any difference.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Because (1) the volume of zone 2 can either be variable or fixed. In either case, it will be different than the volume level coming out of the main zone. You would have to set it to the same input and then adjust the volume on zone 2 everytime you adjust the volume on zone 1.

And more importantly (2) The zone 2 output sends whatever is on the analog inputs for each zone. It isn't processed in any way. So if you did feel like changing the volume on both zones all the time, it would only be correct when in stereo bypass mode on zone 1. So if you were listening to a DVD in Dolby Digital, the zone 1 L/R output will be sending out only what is supposed to go there (no center dialog or surrounds), while the zone 2 output will be sending EVERYTHING from the DVD (R/L, center, surrounds, .1 sub etc.) That won't match up. Same deal anytime you use ANY of the sound modes other than stereo by-pass.

Basically it WON'T WORK, buy the $3 splitters and do it the correct way.

In the future, don't ask a question you don't know the answer to if you plan on arguing the answer..

Kevin D.
        Last edited by Kevin D; 07 July 2005, 19:13 Thursday.

Comment

• metallo
          • Sep 2004

Kevin D
          Thank you for your detailed answer.

If Zone 2 could change volume level with zone 1 it wouldnt be any problem... damn
          As i said before, this is just a test of the RMB1075 effect.

"In the future, don't ask a question you don't know the answer to..."
          Next time i shall only ask questions i already know the answer...

Comment

• NewBuyer
            • Feb 2005

Kevin that was kind of an unfriendly thing to say, don't you think? Especially since in his original question he asked what would happen if he tried it.

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by NewBuyer
              Kevin that was kind of an unfriendly thing to say, don't you think? Especially since in his original question he asked what would happen if he tried it.
              Perhaps....but the reply to my first post was a little off too. It was basically dis-crediting my answer because he all ready knows he can put the same source on both zones and there should be no reason why it wouldn't work.

A better reply would have been, "I'll pick up some splitters, could you let me know why it wouldn't work?" to which I would have replied with the same 3 paragraphs (less the sarcasm) I didn't have time to type in my first reply.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

As kevin mentions it won't work using Zone two and his suggestion to get a couple of splitter is the only way to do it properly. That said depending on what speakers you have you might not find its much of a benefit so I'd make sure that where ever you buy the splitters from has a good return policy. Also don't skimp on the interconnects you use either as bi-amping is going to likely be a subtle change that could be masked if you use budget interconnects and splitters.

Comment

• mjb
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by metallo
                  "In the future, don't ask a question you don't know the answer to..."
                  Next time i shall only ask questions i already know the answer...
                  :lol: :lol: :lol: That's what forums are for, finding out what you already know.
                  - Mike

Main System:
                  B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                  Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• metallo
                    • Sep 2004

Thank you guys, RCA Y-splitter are working just fine, ive got a much tighter bass now and with more control... 2x120w is better than 1x120w
                    Next project is to get high quality splitters instead...

I didnt meen to discredit kevin's answer, my ignorance regarding zone 2 is the problem. I thought the main problem was that zone 2 and 1 couldnt play the same source simultaneously... i know better now

mjb, lol :T "no comments"

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"