Buy used RLC-1040 - Warranty Transferable?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Club1820
    • Jan 2006

Buy used RLC-1040 - Warranty Transferable?

Hello. I believe I have seen other posts mention where Rotel doesnt transfer warranties with changes in ownership. ? I currently have the opportunity to purchase a used (1 month old) RLC1040 for a Very Good price. But I am hesitant because of this warranty issue. Does anyone know for sure if Rotel allows transfer of warranties or not?

Would hate to buy this unit used - then have some power surge or lightening strike damage it and possibly my other equipment and be out of luck because the warranty didnt transfer.

Thanks!
    Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3
  • peterS
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

id call them if you are truely concerned about their policy

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Rotel's warranties are not transferable. While they have been known to help people out on other products, I'm not sure if that would apply to a 1040.

Kevin D.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

I think Rotel will stand behind their products. When/if something would happen I'm guessing they would help you get it fixed to the point of if something died on it (faulty hardware), you'd might only have to pay the labor cost of repair. All in all, still a heck of a deal (even if it breaks) if you are getting it for a good price.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• Club1820
          • Jan 2006

Thanks to all for the replies.

I waited too long and the opportunity has passed. No Biggie. I was leaning towards purchasing new anyway. Only thing is - no dealers in my area will sell for less than MSRP.

Will wait I guess.

Thanks again.
          Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• miner
            • Mar 2005

I bought mine this weekend. No discount either and this is with my dealer that I have gotten at least 10% off of other Rotel purchases. Anyway, the protection guarantee ($500,000) is through APC, not Rotel. The warranty is through Rotel

Comment

• Club1820
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by miner
              the protection guarantee ($500,000) is through APC, not Rotel. The warranty is through Rotel
              I didnt know that.

Either way, APC's protection warranty probably isnt transferable either. ?? I know Panamax doesnt transfer warranty.

I guess - as one dealer told me - these are HOT and that is why they arent offering discounts.

Comment

• miner
                • Mar 2005

The unit is very solid - +20 lbs. Probably one of the better units without independant transformers (those units are +$1000). The independant transformers do not rob the high-current amps of their ability to produce. I can definitely tell a sonic difference when amp is connected between my Rotel (better), the APC surge unit (good) and direct connect to outlet (best). I feel better knowing it is 'protected' though.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"