X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve_barrow
    • Sep 2004

Rdv-1060

Hey guys;

couple questions please. How happy are you with this unit? Most of what I have read has been positive. althought the "value proposition" is kind of questionable.

other piece is, could anyone share with me what the retail Cdn for this unit should be and what they paid or approx discount they were able to get?

thinking this would make a great compliment to the 1068/1075 I recently purchased and fell in love with
  • JOY DIVISION
    • Aug 2004

I bought mine for $400.00 from a dealer/friend when he upgraded to a Lexicon RT-10, it is just a great unit, the guy only used it for a couple of months and offered it to me for a good price. the only thing is the unit vibrates but in a healthy way and never affects the sound. On the audio it is pretty perfect coming pretty close to the Arcam cd player that I have. It has no SACD but if you love 2 channel like I do, it would be perfect.

Here's a review of the unit. http://www.avrev.com/equip/rotelrdv1060/index3.html
    Last edited by JOY DIVISION; 08 October 2004, 03:45 Friday.

Comment

• Steve_barrow
      • Sep 2004

Thanks Joy;

the feature Set is perfect for me, nice to get some affirmation about the unit, never to fond of trusting just reviews

Could anyone perhaps tell me the MSRP in cdn funds? The dealer in town here seems pretty high to me at over $1300 bucks. On the web I've seen reference of 799 and 899 US.

Comment

• Cracking Oboe
        • May 2004

Re: RDV 1060

Hey Steve,

The best deal I could get in Alberta was $1200.00 including GST at a special ‘customer appreciation day’. (Suggested Retail on Rotels website is 899.00 U.S. so... $1200.00CND?)
        On afterthought, I suppose I would be willing to pay more, now that I have had it for awhile.
        I was really surprised the video is so noticeably improved over my old Pioneer 434 progressive scan DVD player. The colors are vibrant without bleeding, Black levels are great, so bright flashes seem brighter (and it seems really focused?) aside: I have noticed some scintillation of the edges of some diagonally moving patterns. (a small complaint at best, and likely due to my video display and was hidden by the blurred/colourless output from my old Pioneer DVD player). Over all a great video player!

And then there is the sound… I’ve been meaning to start a thread about that… ops:
        I’ll get to it.

The vibration/sound seems to only occur during the menus and when paused, otherwise it is silent.

Cracking

Comment

• JOY DIVISION
          • Aug 2004

It vibrates but not in erratic manner like some, get a feel for it and it's pretty healthy. Maybe they have a used one at Audiogon? For their price it can't be beat, I'm pretty impressed with mine and will be enjoying it for awhile.

Comment

• Cracking Oboe
            • May 2004

Hi Steve!

What did you decide?
            Did you pick-up an RDV 1060?
            If so, I'd like to hear your comments about it.

Cracking!

Comment

• egaither
              • Apr 2004

I've got this unit and I love it. The one thing I've noticed is the unit itself is noisy (not going through the speakers or anything).

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"