X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hitek57
    • Oct 2004

rotel 1080 or PS Audio HCA2

Hi all

I have a 1066 pre/pro with marantz m500 monoblocks and B&K ST202. My front ends at pioneer 755ai (similar to 47ai) universal player and CAL Icon II. Movies/music ratio is 60:40.

I can now get hold of a used 1080 which I plan to drive the front speakers (ruark prologues II, centre is dialogue and rears are epilogues). My other option is a PS Audio HCA2 hybrid digital power amp that's had rave reviews but costs twice as much.

Wonder if anyone of you have had experience with either power amps and can tell me how they compare.
    Last edited by hitek57; 05 October 2004, 04:14 Tuesday. Reason: error in name of power amp
  • hitek57
    • Oct 2004

1080 power amp v PS audio HCA2

Hi all

Just realised I typed 1098 when I meant the 1080 power amp in my earlier posting. Sorry for any confusion if some of you are thing I'm comparing apples with pears, shd be 1080 v HCA2

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"