X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spearmint
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Pilroy
    Spearmint,

I remember an old posting at audioreview that stated one power supply was in charge of the 3 front channels and the other one only the rear channels.

Also found in a January 2000 review at "Home theater and high fidelity", quote:
    >>When I first looked into the chassis, I saw a huge toroidal transformer. Then, I noticed another one underneath. So, this hawg has two very large toroids that span the entire height of the amplifier. That is a lot of transformer. The power supply capacitors are under the green circuit board in the photo, while the output stages are across the sides and front. The top transformer is the larger, supplying three channels, while the smaller one (but it is still big) on the bottom supplies the remaining two channels.<<

Andrew or Geoff can surely confirm / infirm this.

Hope it helps,
    Pit.
    Okay guys, thanks for this.

I kind of figured this is the way it would be wired. I have hooked my 1080 up to my mains, and the 1095 at the moment is powering the centre and surrounds, via the centre & surround amps of the 1095.

The 1080 certainly has a different sonic signature, in a better way, although it is brand new where as the 1095 is a couple of years old. I also hooked the 12v trigger of the 1080 up to ensure if I have a problem with fuse blowing it happens in the warranty period, this amp has been sitting for a couple of months in its box. Although both the 1095 & 1080 are controlled via a 12v trigger they do not come on at the same time, this is the way I have set them up to minimise voltage sag on power up, even though they are on a dedicate power circuit.
    Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• HappyCow
      • Nov 2004

I've been browsing this forum for some months now and become very interested in Rotel products. Have been looking for a new power amp for my Canton speakers (Ergo RC-L, Ergo CM500 and THX Surround S-10).

I figured that the 1095 would do the job, so I actually ordered one
      this weekend and also a 1068 processor. Joining Club Rotel
      Think it will be a huge improvement from my Yamaha receiver.

Been doing a lot of research about the 1095. Collecting all info I could get
      my hands on. I asked Rotel about the transformers in the 1095:
      "This unit has one massive power supply that shares both transformers and then the power is equally distributed among the five channels.

Best Regards,
      Shane Kea
      Technical Support
      B&W/Rotel"

So I guess that all five channels share the transformers.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
        • May 2004

very long thread with alot of info to fully absorb. Not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but on the Rotel's site, it stated that the 1070 can be used to bi-amp one speaker, giving well over 300 watts. If using 3x1080 for 6.1 setup as first, when upgrade to 7.1, you can pick up that 1070 and use it on the center? Just another food for thought. Good luck.

Comment

• lvhung
          • Jun 2005

Go for 1095 and save the money for Cables

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"