What's better to push the mains, RMB-1095 or RB-1080?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

What's better to push the mains, RMB-1095 or RB-1080?

Okay, I'm looking for a little bit of help here...

I have both the 1095 and 1080 and am trying to figure out which one I want to push my mains (B&W DM604 S3s). Right now I have the RMB-1095 since I haven't gotten my 1080 back off my friend (he's using it for right now until his amp gets fixed).

I might bi-amp the main with both the 1080 and 1095 for the moment, until I get my 7.1s back from another friend... ha ha, I've dished out half my home theater. I'm such a nice friend!

Anyways, I do about 50/50 music/HT listening on this system. And from what I'm reading the 1080 is better at music and 1095 at HT? One thing I like with the 1095 is the virtual third speaker when listening to music. It's neat hearing the voices come from dead center. The 1080 seems doesn't do this effect as much, but has much better bass control?

I know I really have to listen to it myself and see...and I will, but the least amount of pulling the equipment out to swap cables...the better (I can't access the stand from the back)...

So, I will definitely try biamping (but will have to eventually give that up for the two extra speakers for 7.1), 1080 pushing mains, 1095 pushing mains.

I like the idea of the 1080 using the mains just for the simple fact of it is the only amp that has to be on when listening to music...1095 can stay off! :T

I'm just looking for ideas on what I want to do (draw up a plan) until I get my amp back (after the superbowl).

Thanks for all your help, this has been a great forum for me to be a part of. Definitely some smart people here!
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan
  • hired goon
    • Aug 2004

G'day,

Try this thread, where Bing Fung discussed his experiences using a 1095 or a 1080 for mains.

--Geoff

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"