X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wlowney
    • Jan 2004

Rotel 1068 ?

I've had my Rotel 1068 since February and last night a strange thing happened. It shut down last night half way through a movie. Has anyone experienced this ?

I tried to power it back up via remote and checked all cables....still nothing
    It would not power back up. I finally turned the switch on the back off & on and it came back on. The unit is in an open rack so I don't think it's a heat
    issue. The unit was hot to the touch though. Any clues?

Thanks
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I've had my 1098 just not turn on some times and need a back panel reset. I would say not to worry unless it because a common problem. These units are pretty finicky with power and any slight glitch can cause issues.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mars
      • Sep 2004

These and other pre/pros are essentially computers. What you had sounds like a system crash of some kind. If you can duplicate the crash with a particular piece of software (movie) that might point to it as the culprit. Is your "operating system" software current? 1.1.7?
      Unfortunately there are a myriad other variables making the accurate diagnosis of such a failure difficult indeed. See if it happens again.. try and discern a pattern. Try not to take out your frustrations on innocent bystanders/family/pets.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"