X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RotelNewbie
    • Aug 2004

Proper 7.1 Setup

As I prepare to wire my two new surrounds into my existing 5.1 setup, it occurred to me that I really don't have a clue as to the best solution for wiring the surrounds. In other words, my existing 5.1 setup has two small speakers at the rear of my 20 x 12 room. I am adding two better quality surrounds on each side wall. All surrounds are dipolar. Should I reconnect the current surrounds channels (left rear, right rear) to the two new side speakers, and then connect the center back left and right outputs to the speakers at the rear of the room?
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

RotelNewbie,

Should I reconnect the current surrounds channels (left rear, right rear) to the two new side speakers, and then connect the center back left and right outputs to the speakers at the rear of the room?
    Yes - perfect!

Geoff

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

This URL may help you as well:

7.1 channel layout

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"