X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G12345567
    • Jul 2004

upgrade existing B&W speakers.

I am considering upgrading a the rear speakers on a Home Theater setup I currently have. And was wondering which model should I consider to match in with my current setup which consists of the following.

DM 602 s3 (front left & right)
    LCR 60 s3 (centre)
    DM 302 (rear left and right)
    3rd party sub

My amplifier is a Marantz SR5200
    which has the following power output rating
    Power Output (8 Ohm, F, C, S) 85W/85W/85W

the DM 302 as my rear speakers are the ones I want to replace with possible something from the 600 s3 range. Which do you think I should go for to match in my existing system?
  • farbs
    • Jun 2004

For what it's worth I too have 602 for front and lcr 60 centre. I recently added the 600's for the rear and am now in home theatre heaven!
    Oh, I also have a rotel 1055 that I run them through.

Comment

• G12345567
      • Jul 2004

purchased 601s3

Originally posted by farbs
      For what it's worth I too have 602 for front and lcr 60 centre. I recently added the 600's for the rear and am now in home theatre heaven!
      Oh, I also have a rotel 1055 that I run them through.
      Thanks for the advice. Thats what I was thinking of getting, the 600 s3 to match in my system. I'm glad I went the whole hog and got the 602 s3 when purchasing my speakers. They do sound great, even for 2 channel stereo audio production (cd and movie).

I will probably get shortly. So i can put my older B&W 302's back on an older marantz stereo. .
      At the moment the other the system has a very old pair of unevenly matched 3 way speakers (ie the volume has to go a lot higher than normal to get decent sound out of the amp/speakers).

Ending up getting the 601 s3 for a very good price au$699 (or which the RRP of the 600s3 is au$699) and am very happy with them. thanks for your advice.
      Last edited by G12345567; 18 July 2004, 02:26 Sunday. Reason: finally upgraded

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"