X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fresh_Burn
    • Oct 2004

Help with Rotel problem

Hello everyone, I have owned Rotel products for about 6 months now and I am happy with the performance that it gives me, but recently a few days back I notice that my settings keep going back to Zero or default, like the sub level goes to 100 while I had it set at 80, the tone goes back to zero, and it does not read my coaxial cable set to coaxial 1 from the receiver to the dvd, it's very frustrating because I have to set it back to my preffered settings over and over. I am running these with a Monster Power Center HTS 3500 MKII with everything connected there. I usually press the on/off switch when not in use, I have been doing this for the last 6 months and I did the software upgrade to V2.26 for the receiver. I have not known if there were power fluctuations in the last few days but it's suppose to protect the equipment that I have even though without a Voltage stabilizer. Am I doing something wrong here or should I have the Power Center on at all times?Is this safe with the Rotels? I have wrote to MonsterCable but it seems that they're Customer Service does not correspond very well and I emailed Rotel and I am still waitng for an answer from them. Please help if you have encountered these problems because it's a bit of a pain when you see your gear resseting like that and not knowing where the problem is. Thanks in advance. ops:
  • Fresh_Burn
    • Oct 2004

Help

Comment

• Taito
      • Sep 2004

Mate, I'd love to help, but unfortunately I don't own one of what you are having problems with, but it would help others help you if you told us what model your rotel unit is, and also what is connected to it.

Aside from emailing Rotel, have to talked to your dealer??

-Ben

Comment

• Fresh_Burn
        • Oct 2004

This is my system set-up, Rotel RSX-1055, RMB-1075, RDV-1060, speakers B&W CM6,CM4 and CMC and Hsu-VTF3-MkII all connected through the HTS 3500 Monster Power Center. I't just keeps resetting to zero and I have to do it manually all over again to set the settings. Did anyone ever had this?

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Fresh Burn,

Take the RSX-1055 in to your dealer. Sounds to me like either the EPROM battery (if the RSX-1055 has one) or the ERPROM itself is faultly - either way the dealer can repair for you..

Geoff

Comment

• JOY DIVISION
            • Aug 2004

BIOS problems?

Comment

• soundhound
              • Mar 2004

As Aussie Geoff said, those are volatile settings that are held by a battery when power is removed, so I would be willing to bet your'e battery has expired.

Comment

• Fresh_Burn
                • Oct 2004

I've just spoken to Mike Sheehan of Rotel and he told me it might be a power outage that might have caused it, either way I told him about the memory might be affected and he told me just get it checked with the dealer and it's still under warranty. Thanks guys.

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Good old Mike. He's an awesome guy to deal with :T

Jason
                  Jason

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"