X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeilGabriel
    • Apr 2007

HELP Rotel RSX 1067 screwed it up

I got this used, but think I caused the problem. When I set it up, I stupidly plugged the multichannel audio outs from my BR player into the multichannel outs of the receiver instead of the ins.

When played, the receiver went into max volume that could not be turned down until it hit minimum. The unit got very hot.

It took a couple efforts to realize what I had done (bad lighting, bending over back of unit, reading upside down....) so machine repeated max volume and heating....

Now, the analog functions perfectly (including multichannel)...even DD downmixed to stereo functions fine....but whenever the digital format changes from either BR player (like from a promo in 2 channel to DD), or when I switch cable TV from a 2 channel to DD or back again, then I usually get a pop or two in the center channel, the audio stops for a couple seconds and then disappears altogether...if I turn unit off or go another station and back again, DD comes back, but then disappears again.

When I had issues with my Denon there was a method to reset the microprocessor....not just factory default resettings, but like rebooting a computer....anything like that on Rotel.

Any idea of fixes that don't involve shipping it in?

Thanks...I am really upset that I screwed this up....I can play in multichannel, which I have to for lossless anyway...but I want it to be fully functional.....thanks...
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Oh boy.....you're probably in trouble Neil!!. Turn off the master switch in the back, unplug it and re-start it. That will likely help but may or may not solve the issue. Contact Rotel and tell them what happened and they might be able to help you. However, it sound like something got fried in there!. Either you're digital processor or a Capacitor or something. Popping noises and digital issues are an issue with the RSX series of receivers. I had mine replaced by Rotel for that very issue and there was not wrong wiring with mine to cause it. Do you have the original bill?. Is it still under Warranty? (5 yrs).
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"