Rotel RA02 intergrated Amp set-up and help!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanleyleecm
    • Jul 2005

Rotel RA02 intergrated Amp set-up and help!!!

I just got a RA02 last week, I have to say that it is great and sounds really good compare to what I have before (yamaha RXV-1300). I paired up the RA02 with NHT SB2 and a Denon 1710. And all I have is a RCA interconnect connecting my int-amp with my dvd.

My question is am I using the processor of the int-amp or my dvd to process my audio? According to my friends, he said that my dvd player is now processing my data instead of my int-amp, is that true? He said I will need a optical or coaxial in order to process my data using the int-amp. But all I can do is RCA connection between my int-amp and dvd because there is no optical or coaxial input on my RA02. So what can I do? Also he said I am some way wasting my rotel ra02 processor because I am using my dvd player to process instead.

Any opinion or help?
  • fordster
    • Feb 2005

The DAC on the DVD player will be doing the digital to analogue conversion. The RA-02 is an amplifier not a processor so contains no DAC hence why you have to cable it with RCA and not coax or optical. You're not wasting your RA-02 but a dedicated CD player would give you better sound quality when playing CDs.
    Dave

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"