X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tempest
    • May 2004

Newbie needs help - Rotel quality driving me nuts

Hi Folks,

I'm a newbie hear looking for some help and encauragement. I purchased a Rotel RSX 1055 receiver just before Christmas. All was fine until about 2 or 3 months ago. One morning after turning on my home theater the front left speaker started popping loudly. To the point where I was scared it would damage the speaker. It popped so load it scared my wife.

I brought the unit to Century Stereo (authorized dealer who I purchased from) and was given good service to ship the unit back to Rotel to figure out what was wrong. I was already dissapointed by the fact that the unit was not working and then even more when they told me it would be 3-4 weeks to get it back.

4 weeks later the unit made it back and I happily paid for the shipping. Its been working fine for the past 6 weeks until this morning when AGAIN the same symtoms occured. Loud popping from the left front channel. Rotel supposedly changed the left front connector, but obviously it either needed something else, or theres something that is causing it to malfuntion over time.

Anyone else experience something like this before?

Obviously I'm furious over the quality. I purchased a Rotel product because of the supposed quality. While one problem can be a fluke, and nothing is ever perfect, having the issue once I really expected it to be fixed properly. Are we noticing a gradual decline in Rotel's quality in general?

Thanks for reading.
    Tom
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Tom email me and I'll pass your info onto someone at Rotel that will fix your problem.

Comment

• Bob Knarly
      • Mar 2004

I thought you would get the,its your cables,electric,speakers blah ba de blah by now.Its the Rotel quality and good luck on gettin' it fixed,I've had none at all.I guess its just me and you in the whole world with an ongoing problem that no one will acknowledge,let alone resolve(other than Andrews attempt).I bought mine on my credit card and I'm soooo glad,they told me to take my pc.of junk back to the dealer and demand a new one or a refund and they would guarantee a refund if I wanted.I do wish you better luck than me.

Comment

• tempest
        • May 2004

Thanks!

Andrew - Thanks for any help you might be able to provide. I'll email you with my info in a few minutes.

Bob, are you experiencing the exact same problem? Left front channel popping (loud)?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

You should be getting an email from Rotel's tech support tomorrow when they're back in the office.

Comment

• Bob Knarly
            • Mar 2004

Tempest,no I have only got minor clicking when I change volume,hissing from all channels at 5ft away and locking up.I truly feel bad for you and wish you luck.
            Andrew,I too do appreciate your attempt to help me and others.I will tell you I was contacted and gave all my info to Rotel a week and a half ago and thats the last I heard,kinda like my dealer.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"