PLEASE HELP help Rotel RSP 1098 serious issues!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nadroj29
    • Nov 2006

PLEASE HELP help Rotel RSP 1098 serious issues!!!!!

If your taking the time to read this please continue I NEED HELP....g
    God im about sick to death of buying expensive electronics and having them go out on me... i previously posted questions regarding my brand new Rotel rsp 1098. Now i came home today and tried to use my also garbage blue ray player, and noticed i was getting no sound from speakers.......on any digital inputs. not just 1 fiber optics that were all previously working. i reset the unit turned it off for hours checked my connections. Get this i can listen to multichannel audio tho, because this perticular unit bypasses all digital enhancements for SACD listening or any multichannel input. Not only this but in the osd menu when i click test tone i hear no noise from any speaker.....this is the biggest mystery!!! clearly listening in mutli elimates the possibility of problems with my; amp, speakers, wiring, and dvd player....What do you guys think could be the problem its not that my Processor is not detecting the source. You know that noise that you hear from the processor when it detects dolby digital or digital pcm signal it sounds like the unit turns on,(i hear it) but no audio from speakers.....im baffled i just factory defaulted the thing and still no help. Any advice at all or suggestions would be greatly appreciated... I lost digital listening of all sources and i am gonna die, and dont want to send this thing back in for repair or researching the problem... please email or post a reply and tell me what you your inputs are!!! thanks soooo much...

jordan
  • DSGCobra
    • Feb 2003

reflash with the latest code maybe even reload the EPROM? it's an easy place to start.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Sounds like your digital board went out. Reflashing the firmware may help, but I doubt it. Luckily it's a separate board on the 1098 and is easily replaced. Get in touch with your dealer and they should be able to get a new digital board coming.

Kevin D.

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

If model is less than 1 yr old your dealer WILL replace with new item. That is Rotel's new policy.

Comment

• nadroj29
          • Nov 2006

ive contacted my dealer a new ones on the way...thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"