X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aaron
    • Aug 2004

RR-1050 Question

Hi All.

Have owned my 1068 for about a month now.

Is the screen on it suppossed to ALWAYS show the input (ie: even when the system is off)???

Isn't this drawing power from the batteries unnecessarily? Seems kind of odd that it would be designed this way.

Yes, I have read the manual for the preamp and the remote, cover to cover and no mention of this fact was found.

Thanks in advance!

Also, has anyone tried any of the aftermarket remote extenders for their second zones? I have speakers outside on my deck that we ran speaker wire for in the walls when building an addition. The second zone amp is in my main system (only system) rack in my theater room. So I simply want to use one of those remote extenders from Terk, etc. that convert IR to RF. Problem is I don't want to have to bring the module outside and back inside each time I want to use it.

Has anyone ever used one of these?
    Internal IR Remote Extender
    Seems cool in that it is ALL internal at the remote end. Nothing to plug in and cart inside and outside each time.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The screen on the remote is just showing what mode the remote is in, it's not talking to the preamp. Yes, it just stays on, and it takes a pretty good while for the batteries to wear out.

On the remote extender, I personaly have never seen or used that type before. Appears it detects the pulses of current draw to determine what pulse type the IR signal is. Interesting.. I would bet if works really well with certain types of remote, and not at all on others.. It's cheap enough to try.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"