X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soularsound
    • Feb 2012

logitech 1000 remote/Cambridge 540r

i have both the Cambridge 540r and Logitech 1000 remote along with RF extender, the problem that i'm having is that i cant get the receiver to respond properly to the commands sent via the RF extender via the remote is there a special setup to get these two working right, I've done the remote setup a dozen times and still have problems with the Cambridge going to the right inputs.....very frustrating please help.....thanks.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

With IR repeating, there's lots of things that it could be. It can be quite difficult for a DIY person without background. Is the extender sending the IR signals over a 1/8" plug to an IR input on the back of the 540r, or via an emitter or blaster to the front IR eye?
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Soularsound
      • Feb 2012

Hi Chris, thanks for getting back to me.....yes its send the signal via the emitter to the front IR eye.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

So there's a little IR emitter mouse that you're sticking on the front of the unit? There's several things that can be happening. First, the codes may not be right in the Logitech unit. Next, even if the codes are right, the Cambridge unit may require certain sequences of the codes, such as a double flash, or rolling codes. Last, the Cambridge unit may be extra sensitive to IR codes, so you might have to do things like constrict the IR output from the emitter through several methods.

It may be a real simple fix, or quite complex. (BTW, have you made sure you have the emitter in the right spot on the front panel?) To do it right, you'll need to call Logitech and Cambridge, and talk to their tech departments to get to the bottom of it. They may or may not talk to you if you're not an industry professional. I hope you get it figured out!
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"