X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenjudas
    • Mar 2005

RSP 1066, RR1050 problem

Hi everyone,I have had my RSP 1066 for 6mths or so,and yesterday decided to add a couple more functions from my dvd remote to the RR 1050.I have obviously upset it because now, I can't change to video 1[dvd] using remote.It will change and show dvd on remote screen but not on the 1066.To put it on video 1, I now have to do it manually at the 1066 or go through the menu to INPUT and change that way.There isn't a problem changing to all other sources [cd,V2 etc]. I have tried the reset and also the default but still can't fix the problem.Any idea's would be welcome. Thanks,Jeff
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

After you did the default, were all your learned functions gone? If not, you didn't do the default correctly. I remember it being a little tricky.

Kevin D.

Comment

• greenjudas
      • Mar 2005

Kevin,no they weren't.Thats my problem,I can't seem to get rid of the learned settings so that I could start again.In what way do you remember it being tricky?

Comment

• greenjudas
        • Mar 2005

Another strange thing is happening.When I go to the menu and hit INPUT button,I normally get a black screen with white lettering.Now,it is the same until I change the LISTEN:source to video 1 where it goes to a light blue screen.STRANGE!! As I stated before,I can still play a dvd by changing manually at 1066 or going thru input menu[with strange light blue on screen display].Any helpers please!!

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Ok just did some testing. I think it was the clear command I was thinking of (where you can clear one command or all commands). I learned another code over video 1, verified it would no longer switch inputs, then hit the PRELOAD button once. It said LOADING for about a minute and the video 1 function was restored. In addition, any learned buttons were cleared of their function.

So if tapping PRELOAD does not 1) say LOADING on the LCD, 2) delete all learned buttons, 3) restore Rotel functions, I think you have a bad remote.

Kevin D.

Comment

• grit
            • Jan 2005

I'm going out on a limb with this guess, especially since you said there was no problem with your other inputs (V2, etc.). On my 1068 remote, a single press of the V1 changes the remote over, so all keys are now associated with whatever I program for V1. I have to press and hold the V1 button for about 1-2 seconds before the receiver switches input to V1.

My next guess would be a possible firmware bug.

Comment

• greenjudas
              • Mar 2005

Grit and Kevin,thanks for the replies.Kevin,trying the preload worked a treat.I was unsure about using the preload,but on your advice its now working fine.Thank @#$! for that!! The last thing I wanted was to unhook,take to dealer and see it in a months time.I have only just returned from a holiday of 2 wks and the only thing I was missing while on holidays was listening to my system.Cheers :T

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"