X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Rc-1070

I have been flip-flopping for some time now, IMO I have the perfect amp, speakers, surround processor, and am searching for 2 channel perfection to integrate into the same system. Last weekend a friend of mine gave me his Adcom GFP-750 2 channel pre to test, and AHHHH. Pretty nice sounding, the only draw backs, Its not Rotel so it does'nt match well, and I never have been an Adcom fan. I just cant bring myself to spend for the RSP-1068 yet, so thats not in the equation. Does anyone run the RC-1070 2 channel preamp? Any impressions? I can get a new one for $500, in a couple months get a more powerful 2 channel amp to compliment my RMB-1075, then down the road be set to plug a new pre-pro in. Back to the original question being anyone have experience with the 1070 pre only? On paper it easily beats the Adcom I am using and is about 1/3 the price. Thanks in advance, Bob
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Hi,

I've heard the RC-1070 (I was flirting with a second pure stereo system). At Aussie $500 that's a great buy - its a world class pre-amp - you need to spend a lot more to beat it (2-3 times the price)... I'd grab it ...

Geoff

Comment

• luszer
      • Feb 2003

Soundhound

The RC1070 is an excellent pre amp for the $$. Does not add or take away from the signal. I have mine matched with a Rotel 2x200w amp and the bass is deep and tight. Instruments sound real and the overall presentation is pretty smooth.

FYI, mine is Silver and actually up for sale

Regards, Ron

Comment

• hired goon
        • Aug 2004

G'day,

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff

At Aussie $500 that's a great buy
        I think it might have been US$500, rather then AUD$500. I have seen a new RC-1070 for about AUD$700, however.

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff

its a world class pre-amp - you need to spend a lot more to beat it (2-3 times the price)
        How do the stereo qualities of the Rotels rate in comparison to each other? I assume that the RC-1090 is tops, then ... what? The RC-1070? Or the RSP-1098? After that, which model is next? Is there a consensus in this forum for a ranking of each model?

I too was flirting with getting a stereo pre-amp to go with a HT pre/pro, but I couldn't test them all, and didn't know whether the RC-1070 was any better for stereo than the RSP-1068 (and that's before I figure out how to connect what is esentially two different systems using the same fronts...)

-- Geoff

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Hired Goon,

How do the stereo qualities of the Rotels rate in comparison to each other? I assume that the RC-1090 is tops, then ... what? The RC-1070? Or the RSP-1098? After that, which model is next? Is there a consensus in this forum for a ranking of each model?
          My suggested order is:
          >> RC-1090
          >> RC-1070
          >> RC-03
          >> RSP-1098 (could be a tie with the RC-03)
          >> RSP-1068
          There is a noticable step up for the RC-1070 from the RSP-1098 on a revealing pure stereo system...

I too was flirting with getting a stereo pre-amp to go with a HT pre/pro, but I couldn't test them all, and didn't know whether the RC-1070 was any better for stereo than the RSP-1068 (and that's before I figure out how to connect what is esentially two different systems using the same fronts...)
          I gave up becuase the connection issue with speakers is just too hard...

Geoff

Comment

• soundhound
            • Mar 2004

Hello hired goon, I heard the RSP-1068 through an Anthem power amp (unsure of model) and big blonde floorstanding Paradigm speakers. If I had that 2 channel sound I wouldn't be searching. The 1068 has the 2 channel sound I am after, just not for $1700 USD right now. Ron, I am looking to get a black version as my RSX-1055 is black, and my RMB-1075 is silver. I am going to keep the black pre-pro, silver (1/2 silver) amp scheme going as it works well with my sources. Bob

Comment

• luszer
              • Feb 2003

Soundhound

Possibly you may fully enjoy the stereo bypass feature on the 1068. Recently, I upgraded from the 1066 and this function alone is worth the extra price of admission.
              I run CDM 9nt full range with the bypass selected and it sounds wonderful. Functions like a true pre-amp with no processing or conversions.

Happy listening and enjoy, on what ever route you choose. Food for thought.

Regards, Ron

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2003

Soundhound,

The 1068 has the 2 channel sound I am after, just not for $1700 USD right now.
                Good point...

Frustrated with the stereo sound from my system (RSP-1098) I went on an upgraditus path, trying many different, interconnects, speaker cables, power filters and power cords and have been amazed at the improvements I have managed to achieve.. Better than 95% of any stereo stystems I have neard and awesome for HT. However there is still no doubt in my mind that the right pusre stereo system is magic.... I just can't have one....

All that asside the RSP-1098 and RSP-1068 have so much more than good stereo - they have simply outstanding HT sound for the $ - making them a $ win really.... Then you can have the Stereo system in a separate room....

Geoff

Comment

• gymguymass
                  • May 2004

I am an extremely happy owner of the RC1070 coupled with the RB1080 and amazed what this combo does for such relatively small $. Very smooth and detailed over long periods of time. I enjoy listening to female vocalists and have not yet found myself experiencing listener fatigue - a great balance bewteen listenable and revealing! Recommended highly!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"