X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

Need opinions RSP 1068 new vs 1098 used

Subject line basically says it all. I've never purchased any audio/video equipment used so it makes me a bit nervous, but I don't want to invest full boat price in a 1098 that could be discontinued soon. I am able to get a used 1098 for $500 more than a new 1068, would it be worth it? I really don't need the TFT screen, but I would like the better quality (?) sound of the 1098.

Thanks in advance...
    Jerry Rappaport
  • Adz
    • Jan 2004

So you are able to get a used 1098 for $2,200 (USD)?
    If so, I'm pretty certain that's not a great deal. I'd say it's about $100-300 over what I have seen in the secondary market for a used 1098.
    Adz

Comment

• Elmac
      • Apr 2004

Go for 1098 it is worth it
      Elmac
      All HT Signals Processed by D2 for Ultimate Experience

Comment

• egaither
        • Apr 2004

I know how everyone bags on the TFT screen, but I find it quite useful for DVD-A. Don't have to turn on your TV. I'm always futzing with controls and have the OSD setup for the TFT screen. This realy makes my wife happy.

A used one would be worth it IMHO.

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

Jerry,

I have seen the RSP-1098 between $2100-2200 US on Audigon.

I own the 1098 and I am not disappointed in it's performance.

I also like the TFT screen, which I utilize constantly, but you could always buy a separate monitor, if that is not important to you. There are also some upgraded components in the 1098 vs. 1068. The 1098 also has upgradeable hardware, (hopefully Rotel will provide the upgrades).

Is there anyway that you can compare both units to justify the 1098's additional $500.00 cost, that would be the optimal alternative?

Good Luck,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"