X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NHT
    • Mar 2004

Upgrade to 1068?

I have the Rotel 1055 with 1095 right now but am wondering if I should upgrade to the 1098. What the difference in sound and component switching be worth the upgrade? What are the added benefits if I upgrade besides the wow factor?
    Last edited by NHT; 14 September 2004, 16:59 Tuesday.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Better DAC's, improved Bass Management, PLIIx, newer remote and a few other goodies that make for a worthwhile upgrade. There have been several threads on this question so you might consider doing a search and read up on what others had to say when they were thinking of upgrading as well

Comment

• alkalay
      • Jun 2004

Hi NHT,

I had a Marantz 4200 AV Receiver (so maybe it was easier for me, not sure...) and have asked the same question. After owning the 1068 for about 2 weeks (still writing my review) I really don't know what madness drove me to ask.

A link to my question

Itai.

Comment

• soundhound
        • Mar 2004

Heya NHT, I am also using an RSX-1055 although thru a RMB-1075, and am pondering the same. I quite recently went and demo'ed the RSP-1068 and as far as 2 channel it dominates. The stereo imaging, dynamics, soundfield are far supperior to the 1055 as a pre. I long for the 2 channel sound I had not to long ago but am strugling with the $1700 price tag. If money isn't an issue, grab it and dont look back....I would suspect you would have no regrets, Bob

Comment

• NHT
          • Mar 2004

Sorry guys! I have to make an edit. I was really trying to ask about the 1098. Just got the numbers mixed up but I guess it would be safe to say that the performance of the 1098 would even exceed that of the 1068.

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by NHT
            Sorry guys! I have to make an edit. I was really trying to ask about the 1098. Just got the numbers mixed up but I guess it would be safe to say that the performance of the 1098 would even exceed that of the 1068.
            There are a few things better on the 1098 vs. the 1068, I will let Andrew or Geoff elaborate on those items. The major differences are the LCD screen, which to me is worth the extra coins, because I run a Front projector, and do not have to worry about switching it on to configure my gear or read DVD-A discs, and it is also hardware upgradeable.

The LCD screen also allows me to tweak without affecting the main viewing screen. If however, these extras do not interest you then you may wish to purchase the 1068 and use the extra bucks elsewhere.

I would listen to both, and determine if the 1098 is worth the extra coins.
            I have seen 1098's on Audiogon for around $2200.00, so you might want to price accordingly.

BTW, I enjoy my 1098 and believe it is a worthwhile investment. Your mileage of course may vary.

Good luck on your decision,

Azeke

Comment

• alkalay
              • Jun 2004

oh you were talking 'bout the 1098...

If you can, just go for it. That's the best advice I got over this forum. :T Thanks guys.

Itai.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"