X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick Danger
    • Aug 2004

1066 vs. 1068 Comparison

Hello all:

I bought the 1066 in December 2003 and a few months later, out came the 1068! Subsequent to purchasing Rotel separates, I bought a VPI Aries Scout and have submerged myself in LPs since. I would now call myself an analogue junkie (or vinyl junkie).

I have read in several postings that the analogue section of the 1068 is 'vastly' superior to the 1066.

In my pursuit of the perfect analogue sound, I have been considering upgrading the processor to: Bryston, McIntosh, Krell, Anthem etc. I would hope that an upgrade for improved analogue would also result in improved overall sound.

My question is this: has anyone done a serious A/B comparison between the two Rotel units, and if so, what are the comments? Going the Rotel upgrade might be the lowest cost improvement, assuming that I can get some sort of credit for the 1066 applied to the 1068. One of the reasons I was considering an upgrade to other than Rotel was my initial experience with Rotel equipment.

I would appreciate any and all comments.

Thanks

Nick
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"