X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pbarata
    • Feb 2003

Does RSP-1066 have an analogue bypass?

Maybe this is a sold out topic, but after reading some posts comparing the analogue inputs (CD, TAPE, TUNER and MULTI-CHANNEL) from RSP-1066 and RSP-1068 I became confused. My doubt persists as I think that RSP-1066 is doing analogue bypass when 2CH option is selected (except that in this mode one can adjust bass and treble). As for RSP-1068 the bypass mode gives a direct pass without any contour control.

So my doubt is, when listening from CD, TAPE, TUNER and MULTI-CHANNEL inputs, is RSP-1066 converting from analogue-to-digital and then back again from digital-to-analogue or, do we have in fact a direct pass to pre-outs with contour control, but all done in analogue domain?
    Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
    Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.
  • Martinf
    • Oct 2003

Absolutely! For DVD Audio I use the "Multi-Inputs" which are pure analog. Also the CD input is analog when you are in 2 channel mode. (It also makes a digital copy to create a parallel subwoofer track.)

By the way, the tone "contour" controls are pure analog too. I got this answer from Rotel in the UK a while back:-

>> I can confirm that adjustment of tone and volume is accomplished in the analogue domain (actually at the end of the processing/switching chain) by means of two types of integrated circuit. <<

Check this out:-

(From: http://www.rotel.com/support/faqs/faqs-rmb1066.htm )

Q: Are there any pure analog and unprocessed inputs on the RSP 1066?
    A: The RSP 1066’s analog inputs are all pure analog inputs when used in 2 channel stereo mode. There is some digital processing to generate a subwoofer output in stereo, but this is not done to the original signal. The signal is split at the input and a copy of the signal is sent to through processing and the digital crossover of the unit to generate the subwoofer output for stereo. The only signal processing the original signal sees before the output is tone control and volume.

The other analog input on the RSP 1066 is the 7 channel Multi Input. This is a pure analog bypass of the RSP 1066 circuitry, with no processing, only an analog 100Hz filter which redirects some bass information below 100Hz to the subwoofer output, while still allowing the speaker outputs to pass a full range signal. This allows there to be a subwoofer output, even for source material that does not contain a dedicated LFE channel.
    Last edited by Martinf; 09 September 2004, 06:35 Thursday. Reason: Addition
    I'll be back!

Comment

• pbarata
      • Feb 2003

Thanks Martin for the reply. I was really confused with so much talk on RSP-1068 bypass mode, but nwo ti's quite clear to me.
      Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
      Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"