X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mj662
    • Sep 2004

1065 email rotel if you agree!

Please let Rotel know if you agree with these issues I have. let me know if you think I am crazy!

My main problems with this processor is that when watching TV I change a channel the sound drops out! The 1065 seems to think about what signal is available when simply changing the channel. I am not an electrical engineer but I have some friends who are and a fix for this would seem to simply be a matter of having the analog signal playing though until the processor figures out what kind of digital signal is there, then do a soft transition to the digital signal if necessary fixing the drop out in sound!

A simple update of the software could stop the 1065 from displaying the "type of audio signal" on screen when simply "Fast Forwarding" or "changing the channel" (so anoying), thus not interfering with the users ability to see the cable/satellite's channel display, at the same time allowing the user to see the on screen display of other necessary features from the 1065 like volume.

The Volume being slow to respond! these days people are using this amp to simply watch TV, and with the varying volume levels from station to station it is important to have the volume react much faster than one would need when simply listening to music.

Thanks, Mark

techsupport@rotel.com
  • GosonFletchy
    • May 2004

I had a RSX-1065, before lightning blew it up that is, and I loved it. Never had any problems with it, or the remote. I think that you need to get the unit checked out and see if there is something wrong with it, because what you are describing does not sound like normal operation, at least not the volume thing. I don't think that trying to get everyone to flood the tech support guys is a good idea though. They are here to try and help us when we have problems, not for us to annoy them and make their jobs that much more difficult simply because you think that something should be changed on a discontinued model.

G.
    :grab:

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Unfortunately, the sound dropout is a combination of the source and the 1065. What source is it that changing channels is causing the problems? My old Dishnetwork sat had several options for the digital output. DD + PCM 2.0, DD only, or off. When in the first mode, changing channels brought out some weird stream or flag that my old 1066 would detect and start trying to change modes. This lead to the same problem you had, surround mode popping up and clicking every time I changed the channel. On the second mode, the only time the digital out was active was on a DD channel. Otherwise the Rotel defaulted to the analog input. Worked great and only switched modes when going from a DD channel to a non-DD channel. Now, a DD to DD channel swap still produced the dropouts and switching due to that receivers non-standard output during a channel change. My new Dish receiver has no problem staying on the digital out all the time.

Yes, cheap receivers will work fine on these 'non-spec' digital outputs, but cheap receiver manufacturers have a slew of test sources to go through and make adjustments to work best with 99% of every source out there. Rotel just doesn't have the resources or product sales to warrant extensive testing with 'non-spec' equipment. I would suggest finding a different source if possible or only enable the digital input when watching a DD channel. If your source has the option to only turn the digtal output on when DD is present, that should fix it.

As for as the remote. It was designed for small adjustments and then the fast ramping after a hold of .5-1 second. You are holding the button down correct? After the delay it should ramp at a normal speed.

That said, it does annoy some people but they get used to it, it's an adjustment. However, a user on this forum as come up with a set of volume codes that removes the delay and speeds the ramp speed up slightly. If your dealer is the slightest bit competent, they should be able to take the IR codes and learn them into your Rotel remote using a Pronto remote (something they should have). If they are not able to do this, I can easily do it and only charge whatever return shipping would be. (Hell you can probably find another user close to you that can do it)..

Good luck,

Kevin D.

Comment

• mj662
        • Sep 2004

"After the delay it should ramp at a normal speed."

Yes after the delay it works at normal speed, I do not see the reason for the delay

"What source is it that changing channels is causing the problems? "

it is the Rotel, the sound drops out every time I change chapters FF, REW a DVD (optical in), it does it with my cable box in, (Digital Coax). It is obviously the Rotel if I have the OSD on it shows the input on screen when changing from an analog channel to one that has a Pro Logic signal there is a delay, changing from a channel that has Pro Logic to one with Dolby Digital the sound drops out.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

mj662, Kevin's point is that the Rotel works fine in regards to the signal dropout on 99% of gear. A few other members have noted similar problems on certain gear and they've found changing cables and/or gear largely corrects the problem. The biggest offenders have been cab;e/staellite boxes and older DVD players. Basically Rotel's have trouble locking on to crappy signals from source gear in other words.

Jason
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"