X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Stern
    • May 2006

JC-2 remote volume control?

I would appreciate feedback from JC2 owners as to whether it is easy to make fine adjustments to the volume using the remote, or whether the adjustments tend to be too coarse or overshoot the intended change.

(I love my JC-1's, but I'm inclined to buy a preamp with digital volume control to facilitate fine, repeatable volume adjustment.)

Thanks!
  • Peter Nielsen
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

I believe the JC2 has a servo controlled volume control (=VERY precise and 100% repeatable adjustment of analog potentiometer). Maybe a JC2 owner can back this up?!

Peter

Comment

• REOFan
      • Jan 2006

Remote Requires a Finer Touch Than Mine

Bob,

I have owned the the JC 2 since July of 2007. I, too, own a pair of JC 1s. Peter is right about the volume control on the JC 2--it's precise.

But to answer your question about the remote: I'm not as precise with the remote as I can be using the knob on the JC 2. Perhaps my touch is too heavy. It's not easy--for me--to make "fine" adjustments using the remote.

However, the use of the remote is of less importance to me than the synergy of the JC 2 with the JC 1s. The match is exquisite--not to mention affordable--and produces sound--at least in my room with my equipment--that is immensely satisfying.

Furthermore, the Mute botton is between the Volume Up and Volume Down bottons (in a vertical array). It's easy--at least for me--to accidently mute the sound when I intend to adjust the volume. It took some time to get the hang of it.

But the remote was never a deal-breaker for me. It could be better (construction, feel, button array), but it could also be worse.

The JC 2 is one hell of a preamp.

I hope this helps.

--Mark--

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"