X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hoofhearted
    • Aug 2004

2 channel bal ?

Can someone explain to me how to go about understanding the channel difference on my RB 1090. What should I do? the right channel is sometimes about 10 degrees warmer then the left channel , the sound volume is 3-5 db.different, the room layout, wall material, speaker location is not set the room is still under construction. the temperture is measured on the surface of the amp with a noncontact laser pointer thermometer. History of unit, new this year. with in about a month while music was playing there was a hum, then smoke, still music, then more smoke, then left channel went dead. My dealer check for blown fuse (ok) but found some part loose/broken inside. Rotel fixed it, I set it up again but was not sure if it was fixed because of a ground loop problem with rx1055 receiver. I grounded the unit to fix the problem. Within a couple of weeks I started to notice the out of balance sound level had gotten worse. I did try switching the interconnects and speaker wires no change on right channel temp difference. I would like to understand what is happening here to make sure I am not doing something dumb before I contact rotel. Thanks in advance for any ideas on what to think about and/or do.
  • SpOoNmAn
    • Sep 2003

I dont know what the problem is, and to be honest, and glad I am not you. I will say this my friend... there is NO way Id take back the same amp after it smoked like it did. I'd demand an entirely NEW one, nothing less.

This had better not turn into another rotel horror story. I dont know much about Rotel amps, while others here are very experienced with them. Im sure theyll give some input. Good luck!

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
    GameTracker -My List-
    Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• hoofhearted
      • Aug 2004

called Rotel with bal ?

I spoke with tech support today and found out that I can send the amp back for a bias adjustment between the left and right channels. I have a good dealer here but they are closed today. I figured it would not hurt to give rotel a call. Mike from tech support got right on the phone and spent the time to explain what he felt the problem is so I would understand. At this point I have faith in rotel and still want to stay in the club.

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
        • Sep 2003

excellent news. Keep us up to date

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
        GameTracker -My List-
        Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• GosonFletchy
          • May 2004

I would agree with Mike, it is probably the bias is out of whack. That can happen when parts are changed in one channel, then after the parts break in good and get some use, the bias is not even with the other side. It should be simple enough for them to do over there. As far as demanding a new unit because of it, that is like saying if you get a flat tire that you are going to demand a new car. Dont be pushy with people and companies until you have to. Just my opinion.

G

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"