X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AAVI
    • Mar 2003

Upgraded to Rotel RSX-1065

Hello everyone, after months of looking around, Ive finally decided to spend a bit more and buy a Rotel rsx-1065 receiver. I used to have a pioneer VXS-D908 THX ultra receiver but after listening to the Rotel, i was dissappointed in the Pioneer and decided to sell it. I've looked at other brands including denon 3803 and the marantz sr7300, both were no match for the rotel.

I'd also like to say this is indeed the best forum for rotel information, im so glad many others own ROTEL products. I've also spoken to the rotel distributor here in Australia and they are aware of the video bandwidth and bass management problems... according to him, all units that they are receiving from now onwards will have the upgraded 200mhz video bandwidth but there will not be a fix available for the bass management issue. This is in reference to the RSX-1065, but i think the same applies to the other seperates.

Now my question. If i was to upgrade to 7.1, Should i get a RB 1050 stereo amp to run my rear surround channels, or get a RB 1070 to run my fronts and use the receivers other amps to run the other 5 channels?

Also does the RSX-1065 decode Dolby Digital EX as well as DTS 96/24? If not, will there be a firmware available?

Many thanks!!
    Edward
  • Arnold van Oostrum
    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by aavi
    Now my question. If i was to upgrade to 7.1, Should i get a RB 1050 stereo amp to run my rear surround channels, or get a RB 1070 to run my fronts and use the receivers other amps to run the other 5 channels?

Also does the RSX-1065 decode Dolby Digital EX as well as DTS 96/24? If not, will there be a firmware available?
    First, the RSX-1065 does not have the option to re-direct from the front amps for the surroundback channels. So, you will ALWAYS need an external amp for the surround back channels.

Second, the RSX-1065 does decode Dolby Digital EX and it has it's own Rotel eXtended Surround which always derive a 7.1 sound from a 5.1 source.
    None of the Rotel's at this point have DTS96/24. The RSP-1098 will be the first Rotel to have DTS96/24.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"