X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lewb
    • Oct 2003

OSD on an RSX-972

Yeah, it's an RSX-972 ! You know something, I'm very happy with it. Any how ...
    I just got a Panny plasma with tons of inputs. I no longer need the receiver to manage the video to my TV, this should be a good thing. Now I realize that I'm having problems with the On-Screen-Display. I've been all over the manual and this site mongst others and don't know if there is a fix for my 'problem'.
    I ran 1 S-video from my DVD player to the video 1 input, and 1 S-video from the monitor to the plasma. Problem is that when I attempt to switch the 972 from video 1 to anything else, I lose the monitor output and the OSD. I then need to 'walk' the video input down the line to video 2, etc. to re-establish the OSD. I realize that it's only logical to change the input to the device you've selected but I was wondering if anyone had a way around this?
    My main problem is setting up stuff like my CD player input to one of the digital inputs. How the heck do I get to see what I'm doing ? I manged to set it up by trial and error, but this sux !
  • JOY DIVISION
    • Aug 2004

I would just run the S-Video from DVD to Plasma but in my case I'm running a component video through the dvd and tv and it should do find. The manual should explain pretty much, on Rotel website there's a step by step on How to Connect your system or just ask the dealer/ seller where you got it.

Comment

• GosonFletchy
      • May 2004

That does not sound as though it is operating correctly, if I can remember my old 972. Have you tried a reset yet? If you have not, then I would suggest doing this. To reset the unit you simply select the factory default from the OSD, when you can get it. Do this and see if it helps. The RSX-972 should generate its OSD from withing and apply it to the MON output.

G.

:grab:

Comment

• lewb
        • Oct 2003

Tried the reset, no luck. No OSD from the monitor unless I'm feeding it a signal from something else. I'll shoot a note off to Rotel and see what they say. Thanks !

Comment

• lewb
          • Oct 2003

Problem fixed, sort of. Seems that while the S-Video is not working properly, the composite output is fine. Since I only use this for playing with the receiver settings, no biggie! :T

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"