X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mj662
    • Sep 2004

Rotel 1065 compaints

I just bought my first surround receiver a 1065 and have a few complaints.
    If any one has a fix or work around for any of these I would appreciate it!

1, I hear clicking in the rear speakers when I adjust the volume.

2, The remote Crashes when I use it to control my Scientific Atlantic DVR! None of the controls for this device work, even though the remote has said OK when learning! I press the play button on the Rotel remote and it just freezes? I have to take the batteries out to regain control!

3, Whenever Change the channel, or stop start rewind FF the DVR the Rotel display come up on screen and says which input the audio is coming from. this is really a pain because the Rotel displays over the channel info, I do not need to see this every time I change channels or jump through a commercial!
    If i turn this on screen display off I can not see the volume level.

4, There is a delay when I push the volume?

5, When watching TV if you change the channel the sound drops out for over a second while it decides if it should use the digital in or analog in. :x
  • jlee
    • Aug 2004

1. Sorry can't help.
    2. See 1.
    3. Go to the setup menu, go to other, then turn "OSD" to off... the only way to see volume is on the front display of the unit if you turn the OSD off. I've learned to live with it (I have a RSP-1066, soon to be 1098 ).
    4. My 1066 is pretty much instantaneous. How much of a delay are we talking here? There might be like a 1/4 to 1/3 of a second delay on my 1066, but nothing enough to bother me.
    5. Nothing u can do here... it's just the speed of the decoder switching I guess... apparently the 1068 and 1098 are a bit faster in this regard... maybe the RSX-1067 as well?

Comment

• mj662
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by jlee
      3. Go to the setup menu, go to other, then turn "OSD" to off... the only way to see volume is on the front display of the unit if you turn the OSD off. I've learned to live with it (I have a RSP-1066, soon to be 1098 ).
      4. My 1066 is pretty much instantaneous. How much of a delay are we talking here? There might be like a 1/4 to 1/3 of a second delay on my 1066, but nothing enough to bother me.
      jlee,
      I do have the OSD off but I can not see the Rotel from my chair. it is a pain to not know if the volume is reacting when I push am using the remote as it is so slow!

As for the delay it is about 1 second, I was told about this but I assumed it only was an issue when switching from cable to DVD not from channel 2 to channel 3! it is unusable for normal TV watching.

Thanks for the feed back, Mark

Comment

• jlee
        • Aug 2004

There should not be a delay of 1 second when changing volume. You may want to double check that. There IS a delay of about 1 second when changing channels for the sound to kick in. This is just something I've learned to live with. I'm assuming other manufacturers processors do the same thing. Has anybody found otherwise? If so, let us all know. We're all curious.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"