X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sammy
    • Jul 2003

I Fixed the Auto detect sound delay! - 1065 receiver

I posted last week about my new 1065 receiver which took about 2.5 seconds to detect Dolby Digital.

Well, maybe someone can explain how I fixed it, but it all started last night when I noticed a random bass thumping sound in the center channel speaker while using the test tones in Pro Logic II. So I switched the speaker wire and then I decided to turn off the crossover in the receiver menu (I don't have a sub). Another thing I did was switch the center back channel to "none" (I guess I didn't notice I had it on "small").

I was just hoping to get rid of the bass thumping but apparently, in the process, Dolby Digital auto detect is now instantaneous. No sound delay on layer change, fast forward, or forward track! Still a slight delay when I put in an audio CD (just on the first track and only a half second).

What did I do to fix the this??? Could it have been just the speaker wire?

Happy, Happy, Happy
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

My idea:
    When you have a center back (or two back speakers), it will try to detect DD EX, which might take more time to detect since the DD EX flag isn't there always. After a bit it will not find this DD EX flag and just switch to DD. When setting that you do not have a center back (or back speakers), then it won't attempt to detect the DD EX flag.

This is just a guess, but could be the case.

Comment

• Sammy
      • Jul 2003

Yep! When I switch the center back channel to small instead of none, the delay returns. Thanks for helping me solve this!
      Could this have been causing the random thump in Dolby Pro Logic II?

Comment

• Scarp
        • Mar 2003

It might be worth reporting this to Rotel.

Comment

• Sammy
          • Jul 2003

Reporting the thump? or reporting your advice about the center back channel? - that was pretty smart by the way -thanks
          Plus, I think the thump is gone now.

Comment

• Danbry39
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Sep 2002

Wow, talk about chancing onto a fix. Congratulations.

Scarp seems to have hit the nail on the head here. Having only a 5.1 set up, I wonder if others using 6.1 are experiencing the delay. Anyone?

Keith
            Keith

Comment

• Scarp
              • Mar 2003

I've just tested it on my 1066 and it has no delay with normal DD tracks with the center back enabled.

I would suggest emailing Rotel about the center back on/off delay you get. Maybe they can use this information in their problem solving

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"