X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greggz
    • Jun 2002

Redbook CD performance on Rotel DVD players

Has anyone had a chance to do any serious side by side redbook CD playback comparisons between Rotel's CD players and Rotel's DVD players?

Just curious if the performance of the CD player is significant enough to merit a dedicated CD player anymore.
    Gregg

Our Home Theater
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I seem to remember someone comparing the two way back when though it might not have been currently available players if it was that long ago... Try doing a search and see what you come up with.

Otherwise I seem to remember something along the lines of the DVD player being better than most mass market DVD players for Redbook but not quite as good as Rotels CD player. Don't hold me to that though It would seem to make sense though. So the DVD player could be a good compromise if you only want one player but otherwise you'd be better off with the dedicted CD unit or perhaps an upsampling DAC.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"