Advice on DVD player DVD-Audio Vs. SACD?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slyther3
    • Apr 2006

Advice on DVD player DVD-Audio Vs. SACD?

Alright so now what. ... Is it worth buying a dvd player at this time or would you recommend waiting for blue ray or HDDVD..... Brand? SACD? I have'nt heard The difference and as in everything else with Audio/Video I am a rookie looking to get my strips...... ugh! I have heard 5.1 in Super Audio and it was awesome....
    Thanks
  • foeth
    • Apr 2006

You can get a good SACD/DVDA player for $250 or perhaps even less. The Bluray/DVD issue is going to stretch for years and at the time there are only a handful (2 Toshiba's) players that can handle "only" 1 format. Perhaps there will be a few players than can handle both HD formats soon. I'd buy a cost effective SACD and DVD-A capable player in the mean time. If you like classical music or jazz, SACD can be really worth while.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Moved since Rotel doesn't offer an SACD player..

Thanks,

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"