X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack Keck
    • Jan 2005

Tommy: SACD or DVD-A

HI,

I just ordered one of these Universal players (Samsung DVD-HD841). I am an old Who fan. I even saw the first American performance of Tommy at the Grande Ballroom in Detroit in 1969. However, I'm not interested in getting two new copies of this right off the bat.

So which do you recommend?
    Jack

"I walked in a lot of place that I never shoulda been, but I know that the Messiah, He will come again."

Roy Buchanan
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Well, the SACD is certainly nice. Have not heard the DVD-A, so I cannot comment.

BB

Comment

• Voltron
      • Oct 2004

I have the DVD-A and enjoy it also. Haven't heard the SACD, though, so you are still going to have to find another way to compare them. The mix is great and sounds so much better than the way you are used to hearing it (other than live in '69) so my guess is either will make you happy. I am really looking forward to the Quadrophenia being released in multichannel because PT is also working on that project himself. Good luck.

Comment

• Jack Keck
        • Jan 2005

Thanks, guys. I got the DVD-A and love it.
        Jack

"I walked in a lot of place that I never shoulda been, but I know that the Messiah, He will come again."

Roy Buchanan

Comment

• RebelMan
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Good choice Jack. :T
          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"