X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enrique
    • Sep 2004

Composite input only to RSP1098 TFT

After I bought my Sony NS999ES DVD player, I found out it only ouputs one video signal at a time. Naturally, I use the component progressive scan output for my video but the RSP-1098 processor only accepts composite video input for display on the TFT screen. What can I do, other than sell some gear and buy something else? Is there a way to split the output of the DVD player and have a composite signal go to the Rotel?
  • Olaf
    • Nov 2003

Dear Enrique,

Perhaps it is possible to connect a composite output from your TV to the RSP-1098? I agree this is not an elegant solution, but it should work.

Regards,
    Olaf

Comment

• jimmyp58
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

Are you certain the SONY 999ES will only output one video signal at a time? When I had my 1098, I had a Sony DVP-CX875P where I had the component video connected to the tv and the composite to the 1098 and it worked like a charm.

Jim
      jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

My sony jukebox can also out put a progressive signal via the component cables and an interlaced composite image so I'm some what surprised to hear your's doens't.

Comment

• Enrique
          • Sep 2004

None of the literature, including the quite extensive operating instructions for my SONY NS999ES DVD player make any mention that the player will detect the highest quality video output that is connected and default to that one, and that one only. I chatted online with SONY tech support, and they confirmed that this was the case. It took him awhile to find this info. I don't know if SONY did this as a cost savings, or a quality thing, as is in being able to de-activate all the video circuitry when playing audio disks (I can't hear the difference when I do this anyway).

My monitor cannot convert component video to composite video, so running a line from my monitor to the RSP composite input won't help my situation either.

Thanks for trying to help. Maybe someone else will come up with something. This is my first time posting online like this, this is a pretty cool thing!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

You could see if the s-video is still active while the component is being used...if it is there's cheap s-video to composite converters at places like Radio Shack.

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

As an odd side note, Rotel's 1040 & 1050 (not sure on the 1060) cannot pass composite or Svideo while in progressive mode either. I've got a toggle button on my touchpanel so I can see it through the video window & 1098. You would think they would put a button on the front to toggle it.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"