X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JFugazzi
    • Jun 2005

RSX-1056 Video Output

Hello everyone

I'm looking for a new home theatre receiver and I was wondering if the RSX-1056 sends the OSD and upconverts the SVGA and Video inputs so that
    they can be viewed with just the component video output connected to
    the TV. Also can anyone comment on how easy the receiver is to use.
    The wife hates it when I make things too complex.

Thanks

Joe Fugazzi
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

Joe,
    thereceiver does upconvert, also sends osd to the tv. It doesn't have SVGA inputs to convert. It has composite, S video and component. Everything is sent out component.

The rsx1056 is a very nice receiver with excellent sound quality. If you use it as your main audio and video switcher, the tv needs to stay on one input so tv can just be turned on and off, the receiver just needs to be switched to show what you want to see or hear.

My advise is if you want it easy, get into a universal remote. I suggest looking into the Universal Mx850. It's very powerful and can be programmed to work all your gear from one remote. it does all functions of all your gear. It also can be setup VIA Macros to control your system with 2 button pushes. Press Main then Press the devise you want to use. The remote turns on everything needed to use that devise and turns itself into a devise remote with Receiver volume and mute.

This is what makes the wife and family happy.

Dan

Comment

• pramod
      • Dec 2005

1056 is an awesome receiver, I have RSX-1055 which is one step down of 1056, but the looks are the same, and my future upgrade will be new 1056, which also fits my budget, and after experiencing the goodness of 1055. all luck...

Comment

• jclark42
        • Dec 2005

Hi Joe,

I recently purchased a Rotel 1056 receiver myself. I'd been thinking about it for almost a year after first seeing it in my local audio store. As other have said, it's a fantastic receiver.

In an attempt to answer your questions, yes the 1056 will convert composite and S-video inputs to component out. This will simplify things a bit since you will no longer need to change inputs on your TV. One thing that might snag you up: when using a progressive scan or 1080i input the OSD won't display over the video. You'll need to manually set the 'progressive' setting in the OSD for each input that uses progressive or 1080i. I got caught up on this, I figure I'd give you a heads up.

Someone else mentioned a universal remote to simplify things. After purchasing the 1056 I had planned on getting a universal remote such as the Harmony 880 to consolidate all four of my remotes. Before I did that I took a good look at the manual to the remote that ships with the 1056 (I think it's the RR-969). It turns out the Rotel remote is a pretty nice universal remote fully capable of learning all of the functions of my other four remotes. After I renamed the labels for each button, my wife was able to quickly learn how to use it. The biggest test came this past Friday when my MIL came to visit- I came home from work to find her watching an HD movie using only the Rotel remote. Now that's ease of use

Anyhow, hope this helps. BTW- this is my first post here after reading for quite some time. Hi everyone!

-Josh-

Comment

• Mouton
          • Sep 2005

I would second jclark42's post!

The RSX-1056 comes with the Rotel RR-1050 remote and there is no need to change that excellent universal and fully customizable remote for another. I don't quite see the point behind Dmantis arguing for a buying a universal remote. Spend that money on cables instead would be my advice (or some flowers for your wife).

Since you can re-label every button on the RR-1050 it's really intuitive to use. The display and fully backlit buttons (with text iluminated as opposed to H/K) really helps when it is programmed for other appliances. My girlfriend had no problems with it.

To elaborate a bit on the ease of use, I'd say that is is really easy to use. It doesn't have the automated setup as others may have in the same price range but that's not a problem. You just check the speakers you have (ie center, sub present or not) and select their size. After that is done you set the levels with the aid of a test signal). Then you get to configure the inputs (and you can also relabel them on the RSX-1056 display). The manual and OSD is a great help here and it is very easy to do.

Once that is done only select source and set the volyme. Then it is as granny friendly as can be.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"