X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zpanky
    • Mar 2003

Any new news on the 1098?

Waiting with great anticipation for the new processor. Any news on when they start hitting retail shelves?
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Last I heard it was a little behind schedule due to the SARS situation in asia

Comment

• barona
      • Jan 2003

I just got a flyer in the mail from my local dealer for a premier next Weds. They are offering trade-in discounts for the 1098 and a Rotel rep. will be there to talk about it so I'm assuming they'll have a shipment in. I'm outside of Chicago.

Comment

• Matt Sprouls
        • Apr 2003

I would settle for a PDF of the manual. Has anyone seen a copy of it yet?
        Regards,
        Matt

Comment

• Greg Johnson
          • Jan 2003

Barona,
          Did you go to the demonstration Wednesday? If you did, what's your thoughts?

Greg

Comment

• barona
            • Jan 2003

I was out of town and couldn't make it, I was going to try and stop by the store this weekend and talk to them about it. If I find out some info I'll let you know.

Comment

• Claude D D
              • Jan 2003

My local Rotel dealer tells me the RSP-1098 will be in during the 3rd week of June.Rotel is supposedly testing them out quite thorough to make sure there are no glitches in the production models.It should be a pretty cool unit.

Comment

• LEVESQUE
                • Oct 2002

1) Tired of waiting
                2) No balanced-XLR outputs (grounding problem with my home)
                3) New product = bug for sure...

So I bought an Anthem AVM20 last week, and sold my RSP-1066 (BTW, I was able to sell it with only around 10% less then I bought it).

Hope the RSP-1098 will be able to compete with the Anthem.
                To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• sounddog
                  • Feb 2003

Want you to all feel sorry for us lot over the other side of the Atlantic ... bound to be a few weeks (or months) after you get the 1098 before we get it :-(

Comment

• Scarp
                    • Mar 2003

Also in Europe the price will be >3500 euro!

Comment

• Jim Mc
                      • Jun 2003

I have an E-Mail from Rotel shooting for third week of June.

The Stargate
                      http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=66116202303&n=1123730486

The Stargate

Comment

• ZX 6R
                        • Jan 2003

Reps. are also saying third to last week of June....and that's for both the 1098 and the RDV 1060. Supplies on both units are going to be VERY TIGHT for the first little while until the main stock comes in. The initial stock is just seed stock and is flown in.....regular stock usually comes by ship. Dealers will also limited to 3 or 4 machines, until regular stock comes.

Comment

• suske67
                          • Jul 2003

The price in Europe will be 3499 euro so very competing :LOL:

i am reading the user manual, going to have one soon. This machine is a killer

availability middle of august :LOL: :LOL:

listen and you'll buy
                          listen and you'll buy

Comment

• Ossi
                            • Jul 2003

I have been awaiting this new pre/pro with anticipation as well. However after finding out more about the unit here are the reasons why I do not believe this is going to be a big seller.
                            Rotel has no intention to support this unit with hardware upgrades while the unit is already missing some new and important features. And this is firewire. All the higher class DVD-Players coming out this fall, even the new Denon DVD 5900 will have firewire. It is absolutely not understandable why Rotel completely missed the ball here.
                            No digital Video connection of neither form.
                            No digital room correction of neither form.
                            Not even an optional XLR program.
                            This is not like the 3 last points have to be included right from the start, however an upgrade program would give the confidence that the unit is not obsolete within one year.
                            Not to integrate firewire however is realy unbelievable.

What are the good things? Surely a very impressive bass management system that could be among the best for it's flexibility.

What I would like to see from Rotel is a statement wherever or not they do intend to support firewire and if when (sure not going to wait for their dvd-players) and if their is a real intention to support the unit with hardware.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"