X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

got the rsx1056

Hey guys i'm new here so bear with me.I was ready to pull the plug on a Marantz sr7400 to upgrade from my sr7000 when i got sidelined and got the rotel.You guys are the pros on the rotel units and was hoping you guys can give me some insight on what to expect or experience with this receiver.I still have not connected it yet will do so on friday.It will be powering the Def.Tech. procinema 100's with the 200tl sub.Hopefully i can upgrade the spks in the far future.Also what do you think of my present setup.My room is 22'wide by 19' deep.thanks sorry for the long post.
  • Bam!
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2004

Welcome Floridian!

I am also a 1056 owner.

It's like a freight train coming right at you.

It's a sweet machine.

It even has a decent 2 channel audio and DAC

You'll love it....my room is that dimension and while I will be adding amps for more dynamics this little puppy fills up the room quite well....

Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• GosonFletchy
      • May 2004

I have the 1056 and I love it. I went from the older 1065 to this model, which is less power, but I think the sound is way better.

G.
      :grab:

Comment

• rick c
        • Aug 2004

what speakers are you guys using with the rsx1056.I plan to upgrade later and would like to know what good matches there are.I was thinking of looking into the paradigm 20's,swan 2.1,B&w(4got model)and the det.tech. pm series.

Comment

• GosonFletchy
          • May 2004

I am currently using B&W VM1s, strictly due to space restrictions though, but they do sound good still.

G.
          :grab:

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

There's a wide range of speakers being used hear...take a look though the thread Bing started about our systems and you'll see a number in there. I think there was also a thread about what speakers people were using that you'll likely find if you do a search.

Of the top of my head though the more popular ones are B&W, Paradigm, and Energy. The ones I'm using are some ones I built called the M8a's and are actually fairly similar to the Swans.

Comment

• tombowlus
              • Feb 2004

When I helped my friend put his system together, we quickly decided upon a 1056 (it destroyed the competition!), and auditioned it with a variety of speakers from B&W, Paradigm, PSB, Klipsh, Magnepan, Krix, Meadowlark, Totem and NHT. Ultimately, it came down to the Totems (Arros for L/R, with Dreamcatcher center and surrounds) or the NHT's (ST-4's up front, SC2 center, and SB2 surrounds). The Totems had better imaging and sounstage, and sounded a tad more refined, whereas the NHT's played louder, with more definition among instruments/voices, and greater dynamics. It was a very close call, though. My friend slightly preferred the sound of the NHT's, but his wife preferred the smaller size and looks of the Totems. Guess which ones he got... :wink:

I have to say that even though I have been very impressed with Paradigm and PSB in the past, the current NHT lineup, to my ears, is head and shoulders above them in the same price range, and even comparing more expensive Paradigm and PSB models to the ST-4's. The same goes for B&W (although admittedly, I have never been a big fan of B&W). I am a Thiel fan, myself, and have a pair of CS3.6's in my system. It may be that the NHT's are simply the ones that sound the most like Thiels to me, but my friend (who is a Magnepan fan) was also blown away by the NHTs and Totems in comparison to everything else that we auditioned (including the Maggies).

Hope this helps, Tom.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"