X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

speaker crossover settings/ rsx1056

I'm not sure what to do here.I have a rsx1056 powering Def.tech.procinema 100's w/the 200tl sub.My spks are connected via speaker level and subout and set the fronts are set to large and the sub set at 80.This is the way "chet" at Def.Tech. advised in connecting these spkrs.They said you get the best of both worlds.My question is with this type of connection what should i set the speaker crossover in the rsx1056 to.Should i set the spks to 80 or something else.I really need some help on this.thanks
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

If you have your speakers set to large they are receiving the full frequency range and therefore bypass any crossover set in the 1056. So in short it doesn't matter as your speakers aren't using it

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

Should i change the way my spkrs are connected and connect them the traditional way? or should i leave it as it is since they are connected the way the mfg recomended.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

All I can say is experiment. Try connecting it both ways, experiment with crossovers points etc and find what sounds best to you

Jason
        Jason

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"